Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Crap ! (Second time around !)

Let's start again shall we Tee Vee ?

For air travelers who like to gripe about being cramped in economy, here comes another warning that they’ve never had it so good.

This time without references and comparisons to genocide and ESPECIALLY without posting distasteful images.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Personally I don't think it will happen. As the Airbus spokesman said, the patent has been applied for to freeze out other potential production hopefuls.

Comment

More seats on the same aircraft. More weight as in more bodies, more luggage and then imagine getting all of them out in an emergency. Even past that, apart from O'Leary and Spirit, who else would want to treat passengers like this?
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

sorry brian, you're over-moderating. i posted NO PICTURES or images.

i lost most of my ancestral family in WWII and find nothing wrong with referring to to it.

besides, maybe the assholes who continue to attempt to squeeze more bodies into less space, to make a handful of additional dollars so they can personally buy a 400 foot yacht instead of a 200 foot yacht has to be confronted with whatever it takes to make them stop. the problem is that pax are nothing more than lemmings. whatever the airlines do we willingly comply. perhaps a pre-revolution is in order?

and before any starts, don't gimme that crap about free market. it aint free. we pay for it. and unfortunately air travel has become a necessity. is it not ok to turn a 1 billion dollar profit? is it necessary to push for 1.25 billion at the expense of safety compromise and comfort?

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post

i lost most of my ancestral family in WWII and find nothing wrong with referring to to it.

besides, maybe the assholes who continue to attempt to squeeze more bodies into less space, to make a handful of additional dollars so they can personally buy a 400 foot yacht instead of a 200 foot yacht has to be confronted with whatever it takes to make them stop. the problem is that pax are nothing more than lemmings. whatever the airlines do we willingly comply. perhaps a pre-revolution is in order?

and before any starts, don't gimme that crap about free market. it aint free. we pay for it. and unfortunately air travel has become a necessity. is it not ok to turn a 1 billion dollar profit? is it necessary to push for 1.25 billion at the expense of safety compromise and comfort?
          Sorry Tee Vee, you misunderstand. I wasn't accusing you, the moderation was directed at the post made by AA1818 who posted pictures of nazi concentration camps and dead bodies. Those pictures are missing now so I can only assume that AA took them down while I was moderating the thread. I wouldn't have known that because I didn't refresh the page before posting the deletion.

There are two ways I can handle it. I can either resurrect the original thread and merge it with this one or we can let this one run as it is. Your choice. It will however look a bit odd if we merge the threads as AA has left the picture descriptions but removed the pictures.
          Last edited by brianw999; 2014-07-20, 13:53.

Comment

That is so true, this nonsense to feed the greed needs to stop.

Comment

That was me. I admit it. I am just sick and tired of 'holocaust jokes'. I am sorry to hear that you lost so much in the War. So did I, and when I think of how many men like me were sent to the camps, it is a real kick to see people making fun of the matter. I apologize. Again, I am sorry for you loss.

I disagree with you here. You are a consumer, and one with (unlike many of the others of us that travel less that you do) an airline membership to which an airline will listen to you. Yes, they are not going to lose their marbles if you complain, but they also would not want to piss you off. Yes, peons like me have no voice. We have to shut up, pay up, all to get fed up. But, I do have a choice. I can chose to purchase a ticket on RyanAir, or on Spirit - which even death will prevent me from doing - because it is a death in itself. We do make a choice. Yes, admittedly, it feels less and less so as the time goes on, and yes - a revolution is becoming more and more necessary, but don't sell yourself short. One facebook post, one call to AAdvantage, one pissy experience and if you let your feelings known - they will listen.

As for these companies - I am in complete agreement with you. Profit before passengers needs to change. The question is, though, who will be willing to make that move first.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                Sorry Tee Vee, you misunderstand. I wasn't accusing you, the moderation was directed at the post made by AA1818 who posted pictures of nazi concentration camps and dead bodies. Those pictures are missing now so I can only assume that AA took them down while I was moderating the thread. I wouldn't have known that because I didn't refresh the page before posting the deletion.

There are two ways I can handle it. I can either resurrect the original thread and merge it with this one or we can let this one run as it is. Your choice. It will however look a bit odd if we merge the threads as AA has left the picture descriptions but removed the pictures.
                No need to resurrect, I made my point. Sorry that you felt the need to take the post down, but the pictures were meant to temper the joke. I stand by the pictures though because I was not in violation of the following;

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
                The pictures were of a historical event, one in which the realities of it were gruesome, and dark. The images portrayed the truth, one that should never be forgotten. If you don't like the truth, don't make fun of it. If you are ignorant to the facts, my posts were meant to remind or enlighten. As for the topic, I apologize that it was brought up, and apologize that my post offended you. Thank you for shutting the thread down and preventing an ugly thread from happening. I am sorry for aiding the issue and will no longer bring it up.

Thanks again, Brian, and sorry that you have to intervene.

Comment

Here's another question - if, say, a present operator wanted to use the seats - what issues would they have to overcome to get it installed on their planes? What regulatory issues run into? Is there any hope that the regulatory bodies will save us?

Comment

ok brian. understood.

as for the rest, i don't get such wonderful responses from aa all the time regardless of whether i just completed 1,000,000 flown miles with them. often they simply apologize but don't change.

this type of stuff has to be dealt with either by a LARGE rebellion by pax or by (perhaps unfortunately) the government.

Comment

as for the rest, i don't get such wonderful responses from aa all the time regardless of whether i just completed 1,000,000 flown miles with them. often they simply apologize but don't change.

this type of stuff has to be dealt with either by a LARGE rebellion by pax or by (perhaps unfortunately) the government.
                      1. Call them up and tell them that you're leaving. Explain that Avianca offered you better fares and the Star Alliance membership is worth more. I bet they will listen then. Even AA has competition, and from experience, they are not willing to let passengers, more importantly not high revenue ones, go so easily. One more thing, get an Amex if you don't already have one. I am not sure if Advantage offers a branded card, but I am pretty sure. Buy all of your tickets on your Amex if you can, and when issues arrise, they are a great defense against the unreasonable fees and general headaches.

2. Which government? This one can't even do their own job. I wouldn't hold my breath. As for passengers choosing, they already are to some extent. People pay premium to fly EK. People loyally fly WN. In your case options are a little limited on the Latin American segments, but domestically only chose AA when they are the best choice. As for a revolution, most passengers want low fares and are willing to do anything for it. They do not care to do the research, to find better options, to chose better. So many want cheap, they don't realize how they cheat themselves. Take baggage fees. Did people bring less? Not really. We cram more into the overheads. Delays, headaches, and more often gate-checking bags. Airlines illogically did this, to "bring fares down,". The consumer demanded it, and got cheated twice.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
                        2. Which government? This one can't even do their own job.
                        Probably the same one that hired the TSA agent that recently asked me for another form of ID in addition to my crew badge, because he "wasn't familiar" with my airline. Mind you, my esteemed employer is pretty well-known, and even if it wasn't, it's the agent's job to know various air carriers, at the very least US-based ones.

Comment

perhaps a pre-revolution is in order?
                          Madge would be a great mascot. Haha, she knows the struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
                            Probably the same one that hired the TSA agent that recently asked me for another form of ID in addition to my crew badge, because he "wasn't familiar" with my airline. Mind you, my esteemed employer is pretty well-known, and even if it wasn't, it's the agent's job to know various air carriers, at the very least US-based ones.
                            ...and your I.D. proved who that carrier was? I guess speaking to a 'supervisor' might not help. You're right. Considering the state of government these days, I highly doubt they might be much help. BTW, come on down to MIA - if you get someone that speaks Spanish clearly then you're in luck. English seemingly reserved for the 'TSA Pre' line.

Comment

Working...
                            X