Harrier with stuck nose gear landing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrier with stuck nose gear landing.

Now THIS is flying skill. Ignore the first gas line fire report, it's not connected.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Very well done !!!

Comment

Vertical landing with the intended nose-propper-upper versus a vertical landing with an improvised nose-propper-upper, what's the big difference?

The ground crew that has to go park the thing have some big challenges though!
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Wonder if Beauty-Rest-Mattress gets ad rights for that one?

Way to go for the crew who thought outside the box on short notice and I wonder if that will now be part of the SOP Manual?
        Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

From what I've read, it's not that far "outside the box". That thing the plane landed on is not your garden- (or ship-) variety stool, it's a special device made just for that purpose. And presumably pilots and ground crews train for eventualities like this.

Still some d**m good flying though!
          Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Another, better, video of the same event. Longer, showing more of the approach, and with the comments of the involved pilot.

Some background here: http://theaviationist.com/2014/06/26/no-nosewheel-landing-av8/Originally released by on Jun 11, 2014 Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europ...

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Thanks Gabriel. That was the first video I saw on Facebook but I couldn't find it to upload and the Facebook entry wouldn't let me copy it.

....and 3WE, the big difference between the intended nose propper-upper and the improvised nose propper-upper is that the first nose propper-upper is attached to the aircraft and goes around with you wherever you go whereas the second nose propper-upper is attached to the ship and you as the pilot can't see it. Miss it and it becomes the largest piece of FOD you ever did see.
              Last edited by brianw999; 2014-07-02, 07:36.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
              X