Boeing Crash in Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The revenge of Northwester!!!

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Dmitry View Post
      This is a photo of an Antonov.......
      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by Dmitry View Post
        Very old jet, very poor maintenance.
        pic.twitter.com/wgNQ5yj99e
        rip((
        Unfounded.... A/c was not that old by normal standards. How about once again, pilot error......
        “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
          How about once again, pilot error......
          Tried to land three times?

Pilot error = he forgot how to land?
          Les rčgles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

It does appear that they were trying to go around after a third attempt and didn't make it.

I don't care what people say. Russia has a completely failed airline system. Pilots are under-trained, underpaid, and often fatigued. Aircraft are being maintained by under-trained, underpaid, and often fatigued "mechanics." I saw a documentary about Russian airlines and some "mechanics" are just out of high school and have a basic understanding of how airplanes work. Scary shit.

Argue if you must, but people are DYING...and at a high rate compared to the rest of the world.
            I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Comment

I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Comment

Are they still using periscopes and sextants in russia for aircraft navigation?
                A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

There is a shocking film was taken by a security camera, one can see the aircraft falling to the ground and explodes.
                  Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

This is terrible !

Comment

Shocking security cam footage showing a Tatarstan Airlines Boeing 737’s nosedive has been released. The reason for the crash that claimed 50 lives remains unknown, although technical malfunction and pilot error are the leading theories.

Talk about getting vertical .

I guess the " eyewitness reports " of it looking like a normal landing may be a bit off.

EDIT: "The plane attempted to land several times. One of the [fuel] tanks detonated while the plane was landing,” said Emergencies Ministry spokeswoman Irina Rossius.

Thanks for the INSIGHT , Irina .

Comment

Good grief. Complete loss of control, perhaps structural failure.
                      Don't know where that camera is positioned, but if it's at the airport this plane wasn't on any kind of approach to landing.
                      Perhaps they never fixed the rudder hardover problem on this one...

Comment

Originally posted by ultraflight View Post
                        Good grief. Complete loss of control, perhaps structural failure.
                        Don't know where that camera is positioned, but if it's at the airport this plane wasn't on any kind of approach to landing.
                        Perhaps they never fixed the rudder hardover problem on this one...
                        Interesting suggestion. If the complaints of a hard side to side with heavy vibrations on the previous landing in Moscow are correct , you may have nailed it . Also sounds like the pilot seemed to not follow the go-around to the coordinates given by the tower. Maybe he couldnt due to rudder issue .

Comment

I wouldn't put too much credence in that video just yet. Official reports completely contradict a dive and disintegration scenario. The size of the fireball also seems odd considering they were on their third GA attempt and probably not heavy with fuel. I also find it very hard to believe, even in Russia, that anyone would be running a 737 without the PCU fix 11 years after the directive.

YouTube is fatally hoaxed these days and a lot of media sites fall repeatedly fall for it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiecker View Post
                            ............ One of the [fuel] tanks detonated while the plane was landing,” said Emergencies Ministry spokeswoman Irina Rossius.
                            Jet fuel wil not detonate. I expect this is either a bad translation or a quote by someone who knows nothing about detonations.

I do not see any signs of an explosion on the video clip until impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
                              Jet fuel wil not detonate. I expect this is either a bad translation or a quote by someone who knows nothing about detonations.

I do not see any signs of an explosion on the video clip until impact.
                              The belief from Russian News Sources is that while they are investigating for structural failures as well as pilot error, they are not ruling out 'other activities' (not using the 't' word yet, because it will cause a major panic - and possibly souring relations between Russian and Tartarstan) due to the VIPs on board.

Also, from looking at the video - what proof do we have that it is really that aircraft - too blurry, too dark, perhaps too small. I don't know, and hopefully (yes, I know that that's a hopeful hopefully) we will get a report soon.
                              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by highkeas View Post
                                jet fuel wil not detonate.
                                twa

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
                                X