Wishful thinking or a waste of time & money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishful thinking or a waste of time & money

so i happened across this page, http://www.airbus.com/innovation/fut...concept-cabin/

and i couldn't help but wonder what a crock of crap the whole concept is. manufacturers and airlines have been continually doing just the opposite--cramming in as many people into as small a space as physically possible. there has been no effort to make aircraft truly comfortable. and yeah, i know about the 787 with bigger windows and supposedly more humid air, but the seats are still only 17.3"--17.5" wide with a 31"--32" pitch and don't recline a hell of lot.

so, i'm pretty convinced that the wave of the future is a more economical sardine can. just wondering why companies like airbus spend any money at all on stupid, unrealistic videos, webpages etc depicting the future as some magical comfortable place...

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
    so i happened across this page, http://www.airbus.com/innovation/fut...concept-cabin/

and i couldn't help but wonder what a crock of crap the whole concept is. manufacturers and airlines have been continually doing just the opposite--cramming in as many people into as small a space as physically possible. there has been no effort to make aircraft truly comfortable. and yeah, i know about the 787 with bigger windows and supposedly more humid air, but the seats are still only 17.3"--17.5" wide with a 31"--32" pitch and don't recline a hell of lot.

so, i'm pretty convinced that the wave of the future is a more economical sardine can. just wondering why companies like airbus spend any money at all on stupid, unrealistic videos, webpages etc depicting the future as some magical comfortable place...
    Yup! Have to agree. Nice spiel and eye candy, but you only get that with first class prices, however fuel efficient the design is.

I'm waiting for blended body or canard aircraft to roll in. Makes no difference once you're crammed in, but they are pretty things to behold from the outside. The advent of composite fuselage material science should make this more likely, once you can convince joe public to climb aboard something that doesn't look 'normal'.

Comment

Single word answer: Marketing.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Actually Gabriel, two words.

Marketing ........ On the part of the manufacturer

and

Gullibility ......... On the part of the consumer.

!!
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
        X