X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UA 11 hour flight runs out of toilet paper

AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
    the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Maintaining the quality service then !!
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

United sucks...everyone sucks...

BUT if I read the report right it was ONE lavatory....ONE!

Oh boo hoo, the passengers were so abused. Let's sue for mental anguish!

I was once on an AA plane where the whole LAV was out. The FA's were trying ridiculously hard to be politically correct and telling folks- it's ok for boys to pee, but no pooping or toilet paper. They were even too chicken to say number 1 or number 2. They sort of chose the words liquid, solid and tissue....

I wouldn't fault them except they made their goofy elusive announcement like five times and each time was several minutes of ummm and errr and repeating the message five times in each single announcement and word games instead of saying men and #1 only. No #2 or TP. Short, sweet and over with!

Anyway, we didn't make Yahoo news.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

These are crimes against humanity! This is an outrage that was clearly a calculated and cold action taken on behalf of this ultimately large, and only airline that could have been flown. I am in support of bringing this case before the International Criminal Court. I'll be in the Hague. Anyone know of a good place to spot around there?
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Shame on all of us for missing the biggest ironing.

It was a FREE lavatory and had FREE emergency backup TP...

What is the gripe?!?!?

SOME airlines CHARGE for these!

I say FLY UNITED!
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

BUT if I read the report right it was ONE lavatory....ONE!
            The darn flight attendants should have just locked off the lav for the rest of the flight... Someone wasn't thinking.
            The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

Originally posted by snydersnapshots View Post
              The darn flight attendants should have just locked off the lav for the rest of the flight... Someone wasn't thinking.
              Is that legal? I mean, it may seem kinda silly to be illegal, but if they did (for a non-maintenance related issue), wouldn't that limit the amount of passenger/bathroom ratio? I know that there may be some obsure rule about it, somewhere, though I really hope not.

Another option - if it was really such a fantastic deal, they could have allowed some the coach class passengers use the business/first bathrooms. Or, would the mingling of the classes have been against social norms?
              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
                Is that legal? I mean, it may seem kinda silly to be illegal, but if they did (for a non-maintenance related issue), wouldn't that limit the amount of passenger/bathroom ratio?
                I think that that ratio is not regulated. In fact, I'm not sure if the availability of even one lav is regulated to begin with.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Is that legal? I mean, it may seem kinda silly to be illegal, but if they did (for a non-maintenance related issue), wouldn't that limit the amount of passenger/bathroom ratio? I know that there may be some obsure rule about it, somewhere, though I really hope not.
                  Sure it's legal, it is quite common in fact. Well, maybe not common, but it's not uncommon. If someone goes in the lav and makes a big mess or something like that, then the F/A's will often lock it inflight. This would have been an ideal situation to lock it. No, an ideal situation would have been to grab an extra roll of TP and just put it in the darn lav.

Another option - if it was really such a fantastic deal, they could have allowed some the coach class passengers use the business/first bathrooms. Or, would the mingling of the classes have been against social norms?
                  The "mingling of classes" these days is not so much about social norms as it is about security, since first class is right up next to the cockpit.
                  The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

Working...
                  X