X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pablo Gaviria View Post
    Hello everyone

I have some photos where I would like an advise. Im not used to upload photos where part of the aircraft is cut out/off. I dont do it because I have trouble cropping the photo when part of the aircraft is missing. However Im trying with some photos I took and I want you guys to check them out. Thank you
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10105[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10106[/ATTACH]
    Just to mention it: Both need serious post processing. The size is far above anything allowed here.

As for the cropping:
    #1 is OK, but the aircraft too high in the frame.
    #2 is technically OK, maybe it would look better if cropped a bit closer to the MASAir titles
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Hello

This Photo https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6139835 is rejected due to bad info: remarks. But i can not see the remark in my picture...so can you explain me please what i have done wrong here?

Thank you very much in advance.
      Have a nice day!
      Best Regards from Germany,
      Julian S.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
        Hello

This Photo https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6139835 is rejected due to bad info: remarks. But i can not see the remark in my picture...so can you explain me please what i have done wrong here?

Thank you very much in advance.
        Have a nice day!
        Julian,
        Although I am not a team member, I trying to help you.
        First at all see it here:

According to the rules, you need to specify the exact location.
        It is also desirable (but not mandatory) to specify the coordinates of the location.

Best regards,
        Erez.

Comment

• Dear friends,

I think the contrast is fine but accepts the rejection.
          So is it possible to get a recommendation for improving this photo?

Thanks in advance,
          Erez.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErezS View Post
            Julian,
            Although I am not a team member, I trying to help you.
            First at all see it here:

According to the rules, you need to specify the exact location.
            It is also desirable (but not mandatory) to specify the coordinates of the location.

Best regards,
            Erez.
            Many Thanks Erez!!!
            But is it really a rejection reason when there are no coordinates in the Remark? Rejectionreason is Bad Info: "Remark"
            Have a great weekend!
            Julian S.​

Comment

Many Thanks Erez!!!
              But is it really a rejection reason when there are no coordinates in the Remark? Rejectionreason is Bad Info: "Remark"
              Have a great weekend!
              Julian,
              In my personal opinion the reason for this rejection is that you did not specify the place at all.
              I mean, where is this place? You have not written how one can get to this place.
              Take a look at the last accepted photos in the category of "Spotting Location".
              JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I'm sure it will help you understand the rejection.

Have a great weekend!
              Erez.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                Dear friends,

I think the contrast is fine but accepts the rejection.
                So is it possible to get a recommendation for improving this photo?

Thanks in advance,
                Erez.
                You helped me so i will do the same for you
                In my opinion you can add a bit more darkness - like this:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	50491_1507902570.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	569.8 KB
ID:	1019375

I hope this will help you a bit.
                Julian S.​

Comment

You helped me so i will do the same for you
                  In my opinion you can add a bit more darkness - like this:
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]10217[/ATTACH]

Dear Julian,

This is the brotherhood of colleagues.

I'll try it, thanks.

Erez.

Comment

Many Thanks Erez!!!
                    Have a great weekend!
                    Please read the Upload Guidelines:

3.4.2 Spotting location

For spotting locations, the following minimum requirements apply:
                    ◦ photo must show a public location regularly used for spotting
                    ◦ photo needs to cover a wider view of the area
                    ◦ the airport area should be in view
                    ◦ at least one aircraft should be in view
                    ◦ little description of the spotting location in the remarks field is mandatory, mainly the name under which the location is known, what can be seen from here (e.g. which runway, morning/afternoon light, ...)

Optional but recommended as the best way to pinpoint a spot...
                    ◦ Google Earth co-ordinates in this format after you remarks:
                    ◦ < br >< b >[Google Earth xx°xx'xx.xx"N/S xx°xx'xx.xx"E/W]< /b > (remove the spaces between the < and >)

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                      Please read the Upload Guidelines:

3.4.2 Spotting location

For spotting locations, the following minimum requirements apply:
                      ◦ photo must show a public location regularly used for spotting
                      ◦ photo needs to cover a wider view of the area
                      ◦ the airport area should be in view
                      ◦ at least one aircraft should be in view
                      ◦ little description of the spotting location in the remarks field is mandatory, mainly the name under which the location is known, what can be seen from here (e.g. which runway, morning/afternoon light, ...)

Optional but recommended as the best way to pinpoint a spot...
                      ◦ Google Earth co-ordinates in this format after you remarks:
                      ◦ < br >< b >[Google Earth xx°xx'xx.xx"N/S xx°xx'xx.xx"E/W]< /b > (remove the spaces between the < and >)

Thank you! I'll reupload with a small description.
                      Have a nice day.
                      Julian S.​

Comment

• Hi,

is the contrast on the photo attached below well balanced?

Thank you.
                        Marian

Name:	D-CDAS_II.jpg
Size:	976.5 KB
ID:	1019403

Comment

• Originally posted by Majky737 View Post
                          Hi,

is the contrast on the photo attached below well balanced?

Thank you.
                          Marian

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10248[/ATTACH]
                          Contrast should be ok, though not much direct light falling on the aircraft, and it is a bit soft.

Comment

• From a series that I just had rejected, I had a couple of questions:

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6147878 - how much over-exposed - I know I added some exposure to it because the original was a little dark, but was surprised at the over-exposure rejection.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6147881 - I know how much contrast I added, and the histogram on my Mac seemed to be balanced, so I am wondering how much over-contrast it is.

I am at work and can't get to the screening email in case there was an explanation, so I'm asking here while I can.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
                              From a series that I just had rejected, I had a couple of questions:

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6147878 - how much over-exposed - I know I added some exposure to it because the original was a little dark, but was surprised at the over-exposure rejection.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6147881 - I know how much contrast I added, and the histogram on my Mac seemed to be balanced, so I am wondering how much over-contrast it is.

I am at work and can't get to the screening email in case there was an explanation, so I'm asking here while I can.

Thanks
                              Dark tones are too bright there (this leads to a overexposure or too little contrast rejection - probably the nose is a bit blown out)
                              I´ve tried to edit your picture but it´s a bit tricky without the original file. The expamle below is ok in my opinion but for the final result best try the pre-screening thread, because i´m not a screener.
                              The left side of the example below should be ok (right side is your original):

Name:	85430_1508172594.jpg
Size:	1,006.4 KB
ID:	1019450

Second one have too liitle contrast - the dark tones are too bright. (a gap on the left side of the histogram)
                              The left side of the example below should be ok (right side is your original):

Name:	19649_1508172630.jpg
Size:	998.5 KB
ID:	1019449

Have a nice evening.
                              Julian S.​

Comment

• Hi!

I got this rejection https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6161592 because of Horizon Unlevel and I want to know how I can correct this issue as I use the vertical reference to center and align the photo. if I use the horizon reference the aircraft will gonna be a little strange as I tried here (to much inclination).

I will appreciate any tip to improve my skills and photos. Thanks as always!

Vinicius

Comment

Working...
                                X