Comment

updated.

Comment

updated.

Comment

updated.

Comment

Malpensa

Yes, there is something goin on with Germanwings. All LH short haul enthusiasts should use the last chance, ...before LH short haul stops to exist!

At least for this wednesday, the flightplan still seems like it's been probably since my birth:
                              LH 3176 DUS 0655 - MXP 0825 (/w 319).

Or is this already a 4U-A319 (instead of our wellknown DUS based LH-A319)?

Who knows more?

PS: Mr Christoph Franz always mentions two words that will become a cliché if he uses them too often: Ortswechsel vs Personalabbau.
                              Well. We all know, Mr Franz is born in FRA. So, why should he support any other German Airport?

I don't expect a serious answer, but I like Mr W. Mayrhuber, in my eyes he has the better overview. Until 2010, e.g. EDDH was a LH airport, and I don't only mention it because some of my friends live there.

Hamburg is a little bit like my HomeAirport, a bigger river, surrounded by not so many mountains, I really like it. So, why exactly is LH vanishing from EDDH?

I don't see one reason to rename my favourite airline of all times.

Frankfurt Airways will not become a sucess, at least not outside of Hessen.

And to come back to Mayrhuber and his overview, probably he knew, that here at EDDL, we have multiple alternatives:
                              AF, KL, EK-B773ER, BA-A321 and AB-A332**, to name only a few. And DL and AA to name two really big ones.

So Mayrhuber didn't even mention in a dream to erase the brand LH from EDDL...

... ...

** AB has managed, what in LH short haul never suceeded: due to an unknown reason, many customers who almost always use fast trains in Germany, use AB for transatlantic flights (at least at EDDL). Is it only a matter of colours (both, DB and AB, use the same colours)?

When it comes to what in German is called "Gabelflüge", at EDDL there is a combination that afaik only 1 long haul airline provides:
                              EDDL - KSFO nonstop - in combination with
                              KLAS - EDDL nonstop.
                              Nonstop is an almost unbeatable argument here at EDDL. We, the biggest German intercont airport after EDDF and EDDM, don't feel so much dependent on FRA.

We have approx 21 Million pax per year (2012) at EDDL.

...As both CEOs (AB and LH) have a train background, both should know how to speak to train customers...

PSII: Sorry for that I couldn't stay on topic (Malpensa). But since LH short haul is vanishing, I am finding my very own destinations, SF Bay Intl included.

PSIII: one last fact, I indeed know nobody who used the DUS - FRA - SFO combination with LH since the last 5 years.
                              Where in this combination do you have to go through the US entry, at DUS, or at FRA?

I'm asking because this definitely is a matter of time planning.
                              Last edited by LH-B744; 2013-07-16, 22:08. Reason: 319, but flown by whom?
                              The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                              The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                              And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                              This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

updated.

Comment

Working...
                                X