Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new AirFrance, by HOP!

hi

in the next few hours, the new HOP!-brand will be released.....

they will merge the 3 subsidiaries, AirlinAir, BritAir, Régional into Hop! the fleet will be mixed, one CRJ1000 to leave the fleet, two -700s to arrive, 5 ATR42 to go, 5 ATR72 to arrive, and 2 E-170s to go, one -190 to arrive.

fares are around 55€ one way, we can expect more details in the next few hours.

it will be a disastrous livery,...... several planes are already white, and await the paint, eh, stickers.....

a sign of KLM CityHOPper? where will the 2 E-170 go? and where comes the 1 E-190 from? maybe KLC?
    please take a look at my website: www.bae-atp.webs.com

flown on: Boeing 737-400/500/700wl/800wl * B767-300ER * MD11 * B757-200 * MD82 * ERJ 145 * E-190 * Q400 * BAe ATP * Jetstream J41 recently added: B717-200

flown with: TUIfly.de, Luxair, CityBird, Transavia.com, Air Moldova, AirFrance, Régional, West Air Luxembourg, skyexpress.gr recently added: Volotea

Originally posted by 7C9 View Post
    (...)
    it will be a disastrous livery,...... several planes are already white, and await the paint, eh, stickers..... (...)
    Without having seen anything so far, I wonder why the pessimism? Honestly - there is ONE (!) airline that should wear white and that's Air France.

(...)a sign of KLM CityHOPper? (...)
    Well - if Air France Hop works as well as KLM Cityhopper I can only say "Keep them coming"

Comment

haven't you seen the "logo" ?????? its red HOP and an inclined "!"

what about white with air france???

flown on: Boeing 737-400/500/700wl/800wl * B767-300ER * MD11 * B757-200 * MD82 * ERJ 145 * E-190 * Q400 * BAe ATP * Jetstream J41 recently added: B717-200

flown with: TUIfly.de, Luxair, CityBird, Transavia.com, Air Moldova, AirFrance, Régional, West Air Luxembourg, skyexpress.gr recently added: Volotea

Comment

haven't you seen the "logo" ?????? its red HOP and an inclined "!"

what about white with air france???
        Well - Air France is the airline that traditionally had a white livery since the early 1970s and therefore the white colors are classic for them (kind of like the polished metal was for American).

And as for the logo, let's see what the first painted planes will look like.

Comment

and here it is::::::::: the new livery, quite okay, HOP! is now the airline in the AF-group (not KL or so) with the most color on it....

Comment

here is the ATR

Comment

Honestly? This looks absolutely okay to me. Compared with the new Germanwings or Iberia Express this is definitely better. It carries the mother's colors, and the "for Air France" makes the mother easily recognizable. And if they use the KLM Cityhopper business model, they should be doing alright and I hope they will be profitable. Looking forward to seeing two to three flights each day from CGN to CDG. That would give me lots of additional travel options
              Last edited by Peter Kesternich; 2013-01-28, 18:42.

Comment

the two E170s might go to German start-up carrier Lübeck Air, which plan to operate two E170s, later in 2013....

Comment

Hop! for AirFrance - seriously? So they want their customers to jump in case they see an AirFrance plane?

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                    Hop! for AirFrance - seriously? So they want their customers to jump in case they see an AirFrance plane?
                    Come on. Keep it real. If the new name had been "Fly! for Air France" nobody would have expected us to fly the plane ourselves either.
                    I think for the general public it should be obvious that the aircraft does a "hop" for Air France, not the passengers. Also bear in mind that for the majority of the potential "Hop for Air France" customers English isn't the first language, so many nuances or possible interpretations are lost to them. (Germany is especially notorious for picking up only seemingly English phrases and slogans.)

Comment

I would say the French just showed a similar talent.

Comment

Hmm i would debate the all white colours of AF's as i always had them down as 50 shades of dirt myself. Im actually rather supprised as how that turned out, looks quite decent.

Comment

"50 shades of dirt" LOL!

On the topic, not a bad livery, in fact the tail design is better than AFs.

Comment

it will be a disastrous livery
                            We are trained to see such new liveries. Please keep in mind that liveries and airlines are urged to keep in pace with the general development of culture and society - even with the result that "HOP!" could be a new LCC from Romania, Sweden or Portugal.

I think that it is intentional to be visibly as far away from their parent as possible while at the same time the "similarities" (ohh, the same font, oh the same colors) are described in warm words with the aim to predict a nice future and an even better travel-experience.

France once had a de-facto state-owned LCC like a bus-transport with a nice name and livery: Air Inter - what an easy name (hopefully spelled in French) with the flavor of aviation. Hop! sounds more like a new offer from a fast-food chain to get an additional coke to get even fatter or an order to leave an aircraft fast through an emergency exit.
                            As a excuse: here in Germany most people are not really able to speak English for some reason and the result is that we have stupid slogans in advertising or a "Servicepoint" (I think that they mean a service desk or something like that). A US-native once asked me what "servicepoint" means. "Come in and find out"- aha...

http://www.MD-80.com / MD-80.com on facebook https://www.facebook.com/MD80com / MD-80.com on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MD80com

Comment

Originally posted by IberiaMD-87 View Post
                              We are trained to see such new liveries. Please keep in mind that liveries and airlines are urged to keep in pace with the general development of culture and society - even with the result that "HOP!" could be a new LCC from Romania, Sweden or Portugal.
                              Well - the colors blue, white and red are distinctively French. For a Swedish, Romanian or Portuguese LCC a few colors are missing. By the way - is Hop! fo Air France intended to be an LCC like the new Germanwings? From what I have read and heard so far it's more like streamlining the Air France regional branches and modelling them according to the KLM Cityhopper concept.

Originally posted by IberiaMD-87 View Post
                              France once had a de-facto state-owned LCC like a bus-transport with a nice name and livery: Air Inter - what an easy name (hopefully spelled in French) with the flavor of aviation.
                              Air Inter was just a French domestic airline and as far as I know domestic only, hence the "Inter" titles. It was later merged with Air France (both of them being government owned).

Comment

Working...
                              X