AA: New Livery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA: New Livery

2:35 into the video, not what i was expecting. As per the tail scheme, huh...ok, guessing trying to stick with the US Flag there.
    Last edited by Eric Diffoot; 2013-01-17, 15:08. Reason: adding to opinion
    what ever happens......happens

Looks pretty awful if you ask me, drab
    Regards,
    Darryl

Comment

It reminds me of some of the other airlines' logos I have seen like Cubana, Family Airlines, and others I can think of. I like it. I'm going to miss the eagle though.

Comment

Just saw it online

Pretty in my opinion!

The tail reflects the american flag. And the logo of an eagle. It fits very well! American!

Comment

The NEW AA! Looks great, I think they got it right. First plane arriving at DFW. N908NN. Boeing 737-823. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

First 737-800 arriving at DFW in new livery

Last edited by Eric Diffoot; 2013-01-17, 15:41. Reason: adding info

Comment

you can post like this:

[photoid=7541329]

waiting for the 77W pics.....(now if only I were in Dallas.......)

Comment

Hmm I will have to see it in person to judge it. Looks nice in pictures.

Comment

Behind the Scenes to AA new livery

Catch a glimpse of the creation of our new look. Learn more about the process behind redefining an American icon. http://www.aa.com/newamerican

Comment

It's not a bad livery as such, not very original, but otherwise quite ok. But what completely ruins it for me are the similarities to Air France.
                  Every time I see this livery I'm thinking "Americanized Air France" livery and even though I like the Air France livery, simple and eurowhite as it is, a quasi-copy of it just doesnt do it for me at all

Comment

Being an admitted NON-friend of American I must say that I actually like the new colors. My second thought though was that the fuselage reminds me somewhat of the last Northwest colors before the merger.

Comment

Change is good when the changes add to what is already there! This is a major let down for me! Granted that AA's livery has been around for so long but it was classy. Now they have changes to mainstream boring....so the fuselage is not white.......but basically monochromatic. Not a good direction...maybe they will do like Delta and change it again before the fleet is completely repainted.
                      Last edited by Richard M. A. Wood; 2013-01-20, 00:44.

Comment

Personally i think its awful. Should have modernized the AA's and eagle on the tail and painted the American titles in a nicer colour than bolt grey. I do wonder though if this is related to the potential AA/US merger as US obviously has the American flag on the tail.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMRPICS View Post
                          Personally i think its awful. Should have modernized the AA's and eagle on the tail and painted the American titles in a nicer colour than bolt grey. I do wonder though if this is related to the potential AA/US merger as US obviously has the American flag on the tail.
                          Good observation. After all, AA is the company currently in bankruptcy and if the AA/US merger becomes a reality, it will actually be US taking over AA and not the other way round. The new company would prefer to distinguish itself visually from the old AA.
                          (On a side note: I wonder whether the ATC callsign after the merger will be "Cactus" )

Comment

I agree with you SAMRPICS, my issue with it is that they got rid of the classic aa/eagle scheme on the tail and replaced it with the US Flag. Sort of reminds me when DL rebranded with the "Aeroflot" livery and later brought back the widget when it merged with NWA. Would have liked if they would have modernize the aa/eagle logo.

Comment

I like it, pretty good modernization of the classic AA scheme. The eagle's still there on the fuselage, except it's been streamlined. At least it's better than what UA did post-merger (or lack thereof).

Comment

Working...
                              X