Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AA: New Livery

Default AA: New Livery

http://www.aa.com/newamerican/newamerican.html

2:35 into the video, not what i was expecting. As per the tail scheme, huh...ok, guessing trying to stick with the US Flag there.
    Last edited by Eric Diffoot; 01-17-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: adding to opinion
    what ever happens......happens

JetPhotos.Net Crew speedbird707's Avatar

Looks pretty awful if you ask me, drab
    Regards,
    Darryl

It reminds me of some of the other airlines' logos I have seen like Cubana, Family Airlines, and others I can think of. I like it. I'm going to miss the eagle though.

Just saw it online

Pretty in my opinion!

The tail reflects the american flag. And the logo of an eagle. It fits very well! American!

Last edited by Eric Diffoot; 01-17-2013 at 03:41 PM. Reason: adding info

you can post like this:

[photoid=7541329]

waiting for the 77W pics.....(now if only I were in Dallas.......)

Hmm I will have to see it in person to judge it. Looks nice in pictures.

Behind the Scenes to AA new livery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=J-KD0PdI1Ek

It's not a bad livery as such, not very original, but otherwise quite ok. But what completely ruins it for me are the similarities to Air France.
    Every time I see this livery I'm thinking "Americanized Air France" livery and even though I like the Air France livery, simple and eurowhite as it is, a quasi-copy of it just doesnt do it for me at all

Being an admitted NON-friend of American I must say that I actually like the new colors. My second thought though was that the fuselage reminds me somewhat of the last Northwest colors before the merger.

In the middle of nowhere, central Florida.

Change is good when the changes add to what is already there! This is a major let down for me! Granted that AA's livery has been around for so long but it was classy. Now they have changes to mainstream boring....so the fuselage is not white.......but basically monochromatic. Not a good direction...maybe they will do like Delta and change it again before the fleet is completely repainted.
    Last edited by Richard M. A. Wood; 01-20-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Personally i think its awful. Should have modernized the AA's and eagle on the tail and painted the American titles in a nicer colour than bolt grey. I do wonder though if this is related to the potential AA/US merger as US obviously has the American flag on the tail.
    <CENTER><SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript' SRC='http://www.jetphotos.net/jp_forum_sign.php?photogid=12965' TYPE='text/javascript'></SCRIPT></CENTER>

Quote Originally Posted by SAMRPICS View Post
    Personally i think its awful. Should have modernized the AA's and eagle on the tail and painted the American titles in a nicer colour than bolt grey. I do wonder though if this is related to the potential AA/US merger as US obviously has the American flag on the tail.
    Good observation. After all, AA is the company currently in bankruptcy and if the AA/US merger becomes a reality, it will actually be US taking over AA and not the other way round. The new company would prefer to distinguish itself visually from the old AA.
    (On a side note: I wonder whether the ATC callsign after the merger will be "Cactus" )

I agree with you SAMRPICS, my issue with it is that they got rid of the classic aa/eagle scheme on the tail and replaced it with the US Flag. Sort of reminds me when DL rebranded with the "Aeroflot" livery and later brought back the widget when it merged with NWA. Would have liked if they would have modernize the aa/eagle logo.

I like it, pretty good modernization of the classic AA scheme. The eagle's still there on the fuselage, except it's been streamlined. At least it's better than what UA did post-merger (or lack thereof).

I really don't like them!

The old ones where a lot better!
    Love at the first flight

The link shows only my last flights of these last 3 years and some of 4 years ago.

not bad, but not a favorite, just sorta ok

my question is

Who told the CEO he would look good in Pink Lipstick?

I like flying on American (except theough Dallas) but I dislike the new livery - very boring and unimaginative.

I started to say to myself that the design on the tail needs a little something in front of it to kind of fade into the fuselage instead of just blocked off, but then I realized that would be really similar to US's.
    Well, I guess I'll have to get used to it as it grows in the fleet. Gonna miss the bare metal, I can tell you that much.
    <CENTER><SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript' SRC='http://www.jetphotos.net/jp_forum_sign.php?photogid=3745' TYPE='text/javascript'></SCRIPT></CENTER>

What civilised replies compared to the dramatics on at a.net, now they have started thread part 3 on the subject, as if one thread with almost 300 replies wasnt enough with pro and majority con views, what else is there to discuss except the same old if's and but's, but I guess it will help draw in new members dishing out 25 bucks just to post a few lines and probably never participate in the forums again.