Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Camera

I am now the happy owner of a Canon 7D.

After almost 5 years with the Rebel XSi and before that the Rebel XT, I finally decided to go with something a little bit higher than the Rebel series.

The 7D was about as expensive as I could go; the 5D Mark II, Mark III, and 1D-X being way too much.

Going to start taking some test shots this weekend and make a trip to Dallas sometime in Feb or March.

Hopefully this will serve me well for the next 5 years.

Congratulations!
    I've played around with the 7D a little bit, but it's a bit out of my reach for now. Maybe someday.
    I also had the XSi until it finally decided to give up at the end of this summer, and I got the 60D a few weeks ago. Really liking it so far.
    Hope to see some good stuff!

Comment

Enjoy your new 7D itīs a great camera!!

Cheers.

Comment

The 7D has been my dream camera for quite a while (Hopefully I can upgrade in the near future). Have fun! All my friends who use it absolutely love it.

Comment

Originally posted by as737700 View Post
          The 7D has been my dream camera for quite a while (Hopefully I can upgrade in the near future). Have fun! All my friends who use it absolutely love it.
          Keep watching for good deals to pop up. B&H has it (body only) on sale for $1279 right now. I found it for $1079, body only as well, but I already have a lens.

The 7D Mark II (or whatever Canon plans to call it) is rumored to be out early next year so there will likely be a price drop on the 7D as soon as it is released or shortly thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by B757300 View Post
            The 7D Mark II (or whatever Canon plans to call it) is rumored to be out early next year so there will likely be a price drop on the 7D as soon as it is released or shortly thereafter.
            That's what I'm waiting for

Comment

Congrats on the upgrade, currently I have the 60D...but I am thinking of making the jump up to the 7D. What are your thoughts on it right now? I heard it is fantastic but has some grain issues. (Some say that)

Comment

Originally posted by Kris V View Post
                Congrats on the upgrade, currently I have the 60D...but I am thinking of making the jump up to the 7D. What are your thoughts on it right now? I heard it is fantastic but has some grain issues. (Some say that)
                I took a few test photos of stuff in my neighborhood, and they look good, but I haven't had a chance yet to really test it. I was hoping to do it this weekend at the local airport, but it's been raining/cloudy since yesterday. Pretty much I've been reading the manual to figure out all of the settings since there are a lot more than on the XSi.

Comment

To get the best from the 7D and to try and minimise the blue sky grain issue my suggestion is to shoot raw and also learn to shoot in manual as the exposure can be a little erratic at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris V View Post

60D to 7D really isn't a massive upgrade. You wont be gaining much at all. I'd be waiting for the 7D2 to appear or go full frame.

Comment

Looking at replacing my 30D next year. I see that there is now a 6D which is full frame. Anyone tried it out? How does this compare with the 7D2?

Graham

Comment

Originally posted by greekspy2001 View Post
                        Looking at replacing my 30D next year. I see that there is now a 6D which is full frame. Anyone tried it out? How does this compare with the 7D2?
                        Your best source for Canon rumors, leaks and gossip

Comment

Originally posted by greekspy2001 View Post

Graham
                          Considering no hard information about the 7D2 exists yet, its pretty hard to say.

However, given the target markets of the two cameras (6 v 7D), you'd be buying based on what you want to shoot as opposed to a clear 'winner' between them
                          Sam Rudge
                          A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Working...
                          X