Afghanistan Crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afghanistan Crash?

Large transport plane crash resulted in the loss of 4,700 pounds of inbound mail

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Federal officials say that absentee ballots being sent to U.S. military serving in Afghanistan may have been burned in a plane crash.

A top official in the Federal Voting Assistance Program this week notified election officials across the nation that a transport plane crashed at Shindand Air Base on Oct. 19.

I never heard of a "large transport plane" crashing in Afghanistan anytime recently. Can't even find a single news article about it until this one showed up a few hours ago about absentee ballots being lost in the crash.

I've even looked over other aviation forums and not a word about it. Most will mention when a Cessna goes down (if someone dies) but not a peep about this supposed crash.

I agree 757... it sounds pretty suspicious. Even the Aviation Safety Network basically just reiterates what the news stories are saying. Nowhere is there mention of a type or any other information other than the fact that it was carrying absentee ballots...
    The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

This stinks. Nothing reported on western media re: any aircrash.

.........And if this bunch of raghead muppets ( http://censored31.blogspot.co.uk/201...-shindand.html ) can get all excited about a helicopter crash what kind of noise do you think they would make on finding out about a crashed large transport ?

Question. How can you tell when a politician is lying ?

Answer. Their lips move.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

This story was printed in a short column today in the Melmfus Commercial Appeal. It could well be a copy and paste from AP, but something must have happened. It must be Romney's fault.

Comment

Before I went to the Houston airshow this morning, I sent an e-mail to Sean Hannity and to Fox News. If anyone can get to the bottom of this, they can. I'm not saying that there's another shooter on the grassy knoll, but it sounds pretty suspicious that a bunch of absentee ballots are "destroyed" in an accident nobody can verify. Especially when the bulk of the recipients of those ballots will probably vote Republican. Where are those UN election inspectors when you need them? Heck, Jimmy Carter is big into monitoring elections. Let's send him to Afghanistan to get to the bottom of this!!!

The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

I heard about this a week or so ago but I do not remember where.

Apparently the landing gear collapsed on landing but no fatalities.
            http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=150391.

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
              I heard about this a week or so ago but I do not remember where.

Apparently the landing gear collapsed on landing but no fatalities.
              http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=150391.
              I think the crew was told to wreck the airplane and make sure the ballots burned.

On a more serious note...I'm glad there were no fatalities.

Comment

ok guys we know when (10/19), where (Shindand), type (an-12), nature of ops (DHL mail flight), end result (burned up,7 crew escaped), surely we can put our heads together and complete this picture (operator, flt #, origin, registration), the wikipedia and airline incident reporting site pages are bare and its frustrating me...
                moving quickly in air

Comment

seems it was this guy:

moving quickly in air

Comment

Working...
                  X