Gulfstream crash in France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulfstream crash in France

Not a lot of info yet, but curious as to why the buckets would be deployed.

Interesting tree damage. Looks like the wing separated and the trees survived.

Hopefully Professor Benieda can sort his impossibility out for us.

Comment

Another POV.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadstick View Post
        .....but curious as to why the buckets would be deployed....
        Crashed on landing. Probably trying like fury to stop it before running off the end. And if those reversers were operating when the wings, and therefore fuel tanks, were taken off by the trees I would think that they would contribute greatly to the resulting fire ?
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
          Interesting tree damage. Looks like the wing separated and the trees survived.

Hopefully Professor Benieda can sort his impossibility out for us.
          Trees, even relatively small ones are remarkably resilient. I have been to road accidents where 2 tons of blunt force vehicle has been totally destroyed yet the tree that it hit has just lost a bit of bark.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            Trees, even relatively small ones are remarkably resilient. I have been to road accidents where 2 tons of blunt force vehicle has been totally destroyed yet the tree that it hit has just lost a bit of bark.
            Yes, but that vehicles were not made of a structure of thin and lighweight aluminium, otherwise the tree would have resulted sliced as butter with a hot knife.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
            X