Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UncleFire View Post
    Prolly some odd speculation but...

If there were crazy cells they flew thru, it is possible that a lightning strike could have compromised the cabin?
    Since we are in the wild speculation field:
    Could it be that the "rupture in the cabin area" wasn't the direct cause of the accident, but that the pilot felt unconscious due to hypoxia after such depressurization?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
      Could it be that the "rupture in the cabin area" wasn't the direct cause of the accident, but that the pilot felt unconscious due to hypoxia after such depressurization?
      Well yeah, that pretty much is the logic.

More speculation...

I suppose the rupture could also have been engine related (more probable given the pics in this thread). e.g. something went kablooey (how's that for a technical term) and ruptured the firewall between engine and cabin--

A quick google search on the plane and another incident says that emergency O2 will last approx 10 minutes. But...

"The PC-12 maximum operating altitude is 30 000 feet and, for a single-pilot operation with passengers, 25 000 feet. For the purposes of discussing battery and oxygen system requirements, calculations determined that at the optimum glide speed, the aircraft would descend from 30 000 feet to sea level in 32.5 minutes, and the time from 25 000 feet to 13 000 feet would be 11.5 minutes."

yeah I know-- it is speculation, but so is much of the discussion on this board -- until investigations reveal root causes. then of course, more speculation and discussion.

Comment

who knows? the body of one kid was found 1/2 mile away from the wreckage? i'd bet anything he wasn't thrown on impact. sucked out at altitude?

since it is doubtful the plane had a fdr we will probably never know...

sad.

Comment

Kansas Family Had Been Returning From The Bahamas The Pilatus PC-12 which went down in Polk County, FL, Thursday was being flown by a Kansas re| Published: Sat, Jun 09, 2012 | Aero-News Network

Emphasis mine...

The NTSB would not confirm that statement. Senior Air Safety Investigator Tim Monville told reporters Friday that information is still limited. He did confirm that the plane had at some point flown at an altitiude of 25,100 feet, and that Bramlage had been in contact with Miami Center. That contact was lost, but another pilot had heard a "Mayday" call from the PC-12. No specific emergency was noted in that transmission. Monville did say that there was evidence of structural separation, but did not say how that had happened. He confirmed that a section of the wing measuring about six feet was not with the main wreckage of the airplane, and is missing.
          Five of the six people aboard the plane have been located, though one child is still missing. It is believed that the child was ejected from the airplane before it impacted the ground.

Comment

Well, wild speculation... it's happened on a 747... could an explosive decompression due to a rear bulkhead failure damage or separate the vertical stabilizer? I don't see it there. Maybe the cabin pressure on a PC-12 isn't strong enough for this?

Comment

Originally posted by UncleFire View Post
              He confirmed that a section of the wing measuring about six feet was not with the main wreckage of the airplane, and is missing.
              According to Dr Bineda, pHd Northwester and other world recognized expert, that's not enough to cause any problem whatsoever. Who needs "all" of the wing after all? But it had to be a bomb since only a bomb has enough force to severe a wing. You know, it has lots of rivets and each rivet can withstand quite a bunch of force. So you make A x B and the result is that it's almost impossible to make a force enough to severe so many rivets (that, and the wing spar is useless because rivets alone are enough).

Sorry.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                Well, wild speculation... it's happened on a 747... could an explosive decompression due to a rear bulkhead failure damage or separate the vertical stabilizer? I don't see it there. Maybe the cabin pressure on a PC-12 isn't strong enough for this?
                That's easy to answer. I have no idea. But it's an interesting theory.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                  since it is doubtful the plane had a fdr we will probably never know...
                  You'll be surprised. i don't know what avionics suite was this plane fitted with, but about all electronic systems (from GPSs to moving maps to integrated systems like the G1000 and so on) have solid state memories that can hold lots of information, and have a surprisingly high survivability (not as much as an FDR, of course).

I bet 2 cents that we'll have quite of FDR type information.
                  On the other hand, we will miss the CVR.

Comment

Preliminary report: http://dms.ntsb.gov/aviation/Acciden...2012120000.pdf

And apparently someone videotaped this plane on its way down, so that could be helpful.

Comment

You'll be surprised. i don't know what avionics suite was this plane fitted with, but about all electronic systems (from GPSs to moving maps to integrated systems like the G1000 and so on) have solid state memories that can hold lots of information, and have a surprisingly high survivability (not as much as an FDR, of course).

I bet 2 cents that we'll have quite of FDR type information.
                      On the other hand, we will miss the CVR.
                      yes, i read about that--modular avionics and stuff. the problem is that when there's a fire, the silicon chips tend to melt. i read a report on the crash of another PC-12 and none of the chips revealed anything because they had all melted.

Comment

so, not being much into conspiracy, i'm at a loss.

this site gives an ntsb case number: http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?d...b-ef10278a01bc

but when you search the ntsb site, the number gives zero results...

Comment

never mind i found it.

Comment

Working...
                          X