Four dead in FL crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four dead in FL crash

A Pilatus PC12/47 registered to an attorney that was part of Casey Anthony's defense team.

Updated to six dead. A family of mom and dad and four kids. It also appears that the aircraft was recently sold and no longer belongs to the attorney.

Comment

Such a beautiful airplane....and a beautiful family.
      What a shame.

A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

Looks like that engine (PT6A) caught fire in mid flight, anyone can see those smoke or burned marks around the windshield?

Comment

It looks like a more or less flat crash, with a lot of vertical speed and relatively little forward speed.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
            It looks like a more or less flat crash, with a lot of vertical speed and relatively little forward speed.
            Flat spin?

Comment

There were some nightmare cells across FL yesterday afternoon. High tops and lots of precip?
              Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

A Pilatus PC-12 carrying a family of six crashed in Central Florida on Thursday, killing all six individuals aboard after what appears to have been an in-flight separation of the aircraft, authorities say. [...]

Search and rescue personnel found debris from the accident strewn more than three miles from the main crash site.

According to investigators, the wreckage indicated “a rupture in the cabin area of the plane while it was in the air.” [...]

All aboard were found within the aircraft, except for one of the children, a 13-year-old named Boston Bramlage, whose body was found approximately 0.4 mile away.
                This is strange enough, but then it combines with this to make it even stranger:

Just 30 minutes prior to the crash, the single-engine turboprop had made a stopover to clear customs in Fort Pierce, Florida, while on what was to be a trip home from the Bahamas to Junction City, Kansas.

Images from FlightAware show the Pilatus PC-12 heading on a continuous northwest flight path after leaving Fort Pierce before veering sharply off-course to the right and continuing on for several miles before the crash. According to the NTSB, the aircraft had been flying at an altitude of 25,100 feet.

So the plane was flying on track for 30 minutes, then, for unknown reasons, turned right more than 90 degrees, but evidently the plane was still controllable since it flew straight on the new heading for several miles, and then it suffers an in-flight brake-up.

Quotes taken from this article:
                A Pilatus PC-12 carrying a family of six crashed in Central Florida on Thursday, killing all six individuals aboard after what appears to have been an in-flight separation of the aircraft, authorities say. Just 30 minutes prior to the crash, the single-engine turboprop had made a stopover to clear customs in Fort Pierce, Florida, while … Continued

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Yeah Gabriel, something went wrong very, very quickly. Thunderstorms are nasty airplane killers. I flew through some (picking my way around) a couple of weeks ago that could have made this story be me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                    According to investigators, the wreckage indicated “a rupture in the cabin area of the plane while it was in the air.” [...]

All aboard were found within the aircraft, except for one of the children, a 13-year-old named Boston Bramlage, whose body was found approximately 0.4 mile away.
                    Ok, this is about the most god-awful thing I can imagine, what must have been going on in that plane. Don't think I can read any more about this accident. It was a Pilatus that crashed in Butte, Montana, too, that killed 3 entire families, but at least that one was instantaneous. Makes you wonder if leaving one of the kids at home is ever a bad idea?

P.S. I hope no one intends to "blame" the dad for what happened to his family, even if it turns out he made a tragic mistake, because the one thing in the world we'd all tell him if we could is, "Don't blame yourself. It was an accident."

Comment

well, what kind of in-flight break up are we talking about? in the pic, it appears as though the wings are still intact. can't see the tail, but since it's not made of cheap composites, i doubt it separated in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                        well, what kind of in-flight break up are we talking about? in the pic, it appears as though the wings are still intact. can't see the tail, but since it's not made of cheap composites, i doubt it separated in the air.
                        One of the sentences I quoted above reads:
                        According to investigators, the wreckage indicated “a rupture in the cabin area of the plane while it was in the air.”
                        I have no further information on the nature of the in-flight break up.

Comment

Prolly some odd speculation but...

If there were crazy cells they flew thru, it is possible that a lightning strike could have compromised the cabin?

Comment

just checked the ntsb site and this accident is not listed as a current investigation. do they not investigate every accident? what are the criteria for the ntsb investigating? also the faa doesn't list this accident either...

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                              just checked the ntsb site and this accident is not listed as a current investigation. do they not investigate every accident? what are the criteria for the ntsb investigating? also the faa doesn't list this accident either...
                              The NTSB must investigate every aviation accident in the USA.
                              Why it doesn't show on the list I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X