Injured model gets settlement in prop strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injured model gets settlement in prop strike

NTSB found the pilot not liable, but said he should have shut the engine down. I would have shut the engine down with any non-pilot around the plane, but one could argue a sane person would know to stay the hell away from a turning prop.

I absolutely reject that she being a blond model had anything to do with it!

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Deadstick View Post
      ...but one could argue a sane person would know to stay the hell away from a turning prop.
      ...alternatively, one could argue that there is a long history of sane persons encountering spinning propellors and that is why the standard practice is to shut down and let the prop stop before letting sane (or otherwise) folks off of aircraft.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
        ...alternatively, one could argue that there is a long history of sane persons encountering spinning propellors and that is why the standard practice is to shut down and let the prop stop before letting sane (or otherwise) folks off of aircraft.
        I thought I said that.

Comment

You did not say this:

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          ...there is a long history of sane persons encountering spinning propellors...
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Thank you finishing my thought for me. I certainly need the help in my addled old age.

Comment

What force to stop a propellor?

Many years ago an Aussie golf pro, Jack Newton walked into a propellor. He was half full of idiot soup at the time (so partly intoxicated violates the 'sane' rule) - he lost an eye and his arm.

But it did answer the question posed above - Half a newton!

Also gave rise to the joke:

Q:How did Newton's wife meet him?
              A: Caught his eye at the airport.

Comment

Working...
              X