Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Similar Rejection? How many photos per reg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similar Rejection? How many photos per reg?

Hello all,
    I already have 2 shots of the Airbus A380 (MSN004) in the database and took a few more at the Paris Air Show this year of which I'd like to upload a few.
    The Guidlines are not very clear on the maximum number of pictures per reg:
    2.6 Similar

Means, that you have a similar photo already in the db. Please upload only your best photos, try other angles, be creative. Similar refers to same registration, same angle/composition or same background, even if taken at different dates. However, if a new upload is of a significantly better quality, we may consider to accept it. For cockpit shots or wing views, do not upload photos of any detail. We will only accept a certain number of cockpit or window shots taken in the same aircraft.
    Does the fact that it's a slightly new livery increase the odds of acceptance?

Any input appreciated
    Thanks in advance

The livery would need to be significantly different to make any difference to acceptance. I assume you are referring to the partial removal of the fin markings in which case I would say that the current colours are not particularly different.

As far as similar goes we work on a rule of thumb of AT LEAST a 45 degree difference in angle of view.

A close up of part of the aircraft (normally a tight crop front end) should be at a different angle to any full size shot. Basically, don't let a tight crop look like it is from a full size image.

A significantly different background with a similar angle of view will be considered.

There are 800+ images of F-WWDD in the database so you need to upload only your very best shots.
    Last edited by brianw999; 2011-07-01, 09:25.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      The livery would need to be significantly different to make any difference to acceptance. I assume you are referring to the partial removal of the fin markings in which case I would say that the current colours are not particularly different.
      The livery is essentially the same, the font was change and the "A <380 Love at first Flight" was added.

I didn't find any shot of the new livery in the database so here is an example that I took myself: http://www.flickr.com/photos/engines...n/photostream/
      This one is backlit and has some heathaze, it's just to show the livery.

I guess that is not "essentially different"?

A close-up of the nose with the revised list of customer airlines would be considered? That's good to know, I'll give a close-up a go

Comment

Working...
      X