No announcement yet.

Airplane Crash over Tripoli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now we are talking about a possible stall during the final moment of the approach. So very low altitude, low speed ( low potential energy, low acceleration and so low force at the moment of the crash) and a motion almost vertical caused by the stall. Thinking to these thing I can't imagine a "pulverization". I think even to the accident occured the Turkish 737 in AMS. Same situation of a stall above the runway but in that situation the fuselage of the 737 was not destoyed at all. Of course I can be wrong!

Comment

What is happening with the Airbus?

What seems to be happening with the "most secure aircraft" avaiable for passengers transportation? I guess it is time to come back to the old and good Boing.

Comment

VNAV..appears to have all the answers, as always.....I wonder how many licenses or certificates he has.?
        A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

Originally posted by afreirerj View Post
          What seems to be happening with the "most secure aircraft" avaiable for passengers transportation? I guess it is time to come back to the old and good Boing.
          Like the 737 that ditched outside Beirut this year?
          "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by Geebee View Post
            Not being an (aeronautical) engineer i obviously can be wrong. But the 'pulverization' you mention is not only a matter of altitude but also the result of mass x speed. Similar like with the crash of the Polish presidential plane, this plane was on final approach and close to the runway. Apparently the combination of the mass of the plane and it's speed (even though not high enough to avoid a stall) are sufficient enough to completely disintegrate the plane. But I agree that it is pretty scary. Surprisingly even that someone survived.
            May they rest in peace.

Any other thoughts?
            I heard once that current aircraft are not overbuilt like some older aircraft such as a 727, DC10 etc. Maybe that's the reason for so much pulveration.

Comment

Originally posted by phoneman View Post
              Apparently the aircraft was out of fuel or nearly so...No fire!
              Heh, there´s always fuel onboard an A332, you can´t use all the fuel since some of it is used to balance the plane and cool the fuelpumps.

Comment

I heard once that current aircraft are not overbuilt like some older aircraft such as a 727, DC10 etc. Maybe that's the reason for so much pulveration.
                Overbuilt, so the Tristar that trashed into the ground in Florida when both pilots where busy with a faulty bulb wasn´t in million pieces?
                No, it´s a myth nothing more.

Comment

I thought that was a Boeing not a Boing

Comment

Did you see photos of the THY DC-10-10 that crashed into woods outside Paris during the 1970's(there is a point given velocity or a stall from altitude....as in the Turkish DC-10 crash)not even a full tail left.But I do some what agree with you in that at least Douglas aircraft were well built.

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
                      Heh, there´s always fuel onboard an A332, you can´t use all the fuel since some of it is used to balance the plane and cool the fuelpumps.

Tell that to the Air Transat pilots that glided into Lajes AFB.

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
                        Can you find any flight log for the 2 last month?
                        The only thing I found is this:
                        http://www.libhomeradar.org/ -> enter the reg in the search field and you'll get a log.

Cheerio
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

You are right, we are not sure about when and how the truth will come out. But with all these "evidences" in theory we have to wait much less than a lot other accidents, first of all AF447. Then everything can happen, every accidents are different and we can tell whatever we want but sitting behind a pc, with just a little more than normal knowledges we cant express anything express but our thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
                            I agree with you, is a matter of physics. I have seen the same "pulverization" in helicopters during a hard landing, I believe is called "resonance". The shock waves are bounced back and forth, until it destroys the whole airframe.
                            Thanks for your insight. Makes a lot of sense to me. Hadn't considered the resonance.

Comment

Any further news about the Alitalia pilots that witnessed the crash while waiting for take-off? I would not underestimate the assessment of two professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
                                Looks like a "stall" , probably caused by a microburst, just like the Delta L-1011 in Dallas...I wonder if there were any thunderstorms near the airport at the moment of the accident?
                                Exactly what piece of even the slightest evidence do you find suggestive of a stall? And Delta wasn't a stall.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
                                X