No announcement yet.

Airplane Crash over Tripoli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plot for another airplane movie. Snakes in a Plane. Vengeful ghosts in a plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Django View Post
      I overheard some pilots at my local airport the other day talking about this incident and they seemed rather skeptical about it being a "strait forward" CFIT event. One of them said that the incident aircraft was the exact same plane that had repatriated Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi, the "Lockerbie Bomber", from the UK in 2009. Is that true, can anyone confirm this? I also noticed that the crash happened approximately 1yr after Megrahi's second appeal hearing, which eventually led to his release.

A few coincidences then???
      No, he was repatriated in A300 5A-IAY.

Comment

• good information here:
        http://youtu.be/R_27lF1s2w4
        moving quickly in air

Comment

• Can anyone provide a final report of this incident ...
          and reason of this crash ...

Regards...

Comment

• I got this info from one web site
            The flight crew did not acquire any visual ground references before the approach was started. The aircraft started its final descent for landing too early. The aircraft had descended to 280 feet above ground when the terrain awareness and warning system sounded in the cockpit. The captain ordered a go-around and the autopilot was turned off. The first officer put the nose of the aircraft up for 4 seconds and the thrust levers were set to go-around power. The aircraft pitched up to 12.3° nose up and the flight crew raised the landing gear and flaps. Shortly thereafter the co-pilot started making nose down inputs which caused the aircraft to pitch-attitude to reduce to 3.5° nose down. (The co-pilot could have been focused on the aircraft's speed, rather than its attitude.) The go-around pitch attitude was not maintained and the instructions from the flight director were not followed. (The report says that fatigue could have played a role in causing the first officer to focus solely on the airspeed.) The captain and the first officer were making inputs to the aircraft's side stick at the same time (although the dual inputs were not sufficient to trigger a dual-input warning). This action appears to be intended to provide assistance by the captain to fly the aircraft. This action led to confusion on who was flying the aircraft. The ground proximity warning system sounded as the aircraft lost more height and the co-pilot responded with a sharp nose-down input. Then the captain took control of the aircraft without warning, via the side stick priority button and maintained the nose-down input, while the first officer was simultaneously pulling back on his own side stick. Two seconds before impact with the ground the aircraft was at 180 feet. The captain was also pulling his side stick fully back, suggesting both pilots were aware of the aircraft's impending collision with the ground.[31] [32

Finally it is pilot error

Comment

• Originally posted by mecheil.edwar View Post
              I got this info from one web site
              The flight crew did not acquire any visual ground references before the approach was started. The aircraft started its final descent for landing too early. The aircraft had descended to 280 feet above ground when the terrain awareness and warning system sounded in the cockpit. The captain ordered a go-around and the autopilot was turned off. The first officer put the nose of the aircraft up for 4 seconds and the thrust levers were set to go-around power. The aircraft pitched up to 12.3° nose up and the flight crew raised the landing gear and flaps. Shortly thereafter the co-pilot started making nose down inputs which caused the aircraft to pitch-attitude to reduce to 3.5° nose down. (The co-pilot could have been focused on the aircraft's speed, rather than its attitude.) The go-around pitch attitude was not maintained and the instructions from the flight director were not followed. (The report says that fatigue could have played a role in causing the first officer to focus solely on the airspeed.) The captain and the first officer were making inputs to the aircraft's side stick at the same time (although the dual inputs were not sufficient to trigger a dual-input warning). This action appears to be intended to provide assistance by the captain to fly the aircraft. This action led to confusion on who was flying the aircraft. The ground proximity warning system sounded as the aircraft lost more height and the co-pilot responded with a sharp nose-down input. Then the captain took control of the aircraft without warning, via the side stick priority button and maintained the nose-down input, while the first officer was simultaneously pulling back on his own side stick. Two seconds before impact with the ground the aircraft was at 180 feet. The captain was also pulling his side stick fully back, suggesting both pilots were aware of the aircraft's impending collision with the ground.[31] [32

Finally it is pilot error
              Can any Airbus pilot put more clarifications for the above report...
              I see co pilot , FIRST officer and Captin .. three persons could not avoid the warning system and survivyed this plane..!!?

Comment

Can any Airbus pilot put more clarifications for the above report...
                I see co pilot , FIRST officer and Captin .. three persons could not avoid the warning system and survivyed this plane..!!?
                First officer and co-pilot are the same person.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Can anyone provide a final report of this incident ...
                  and reason of this crash ...

Regards...
                  Links found in Wikipedia:

Final report, part 1 - part 2 - part 3 - part 4.
                  "I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

• Many thanks Not-Karl and many thanks Gabriel...
                    I read the report and I have some conclusions for discussion
                    1. Both two pilots not requesting confirmation for attitude of plane. Why?

2. For minutes before crash captin said .. go around and requsted Tango Whisky. I see whisky can be a reason for disorientation problem
                    3. It is not clear who was control plane
                    4. The report saying the copilot put nose up for few second ..
                    So why plane again put it on nose down ? Or i misunderstand

5. The report saying both pilots had known that the plane will hit ground .. my question in this case why not got a position on ground and try to uplift the plane ?

6. FLIGHT 8 HRD PERIOD IS IT SUFFICENT TO KEEP ONLY TWO PILOTS OR THEY NEED TO KEEP THIRD PILOT?..

Comment

Working...
                    X