This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
    Good point. That would change the situation from busting minimums to... still busting minimums. No see-a runway, no land-a the plane, those are the rules.

You might be right in that they called off the go-around because they had the searchlights in sight (due to VIP pressure I might add), and simply didn't speak this decision, but rather continued the descent. This is still, however, unforgivable.
    And being "creative" with evidence is of course forgivable.

The fact is that we don't know what was in those removed sections. But they were removed for a reason.

Comment

• Polish experts from the Prosecutor's office just finished examination of the wreckage. They completed the photographic documentation of the parts and, as reported in the news media, paid special attention to the deformation and damage of the left wing section.

Comment

(...) (due to VIP pressure I might add)(...)
        There is no proof of any VIP pressure but as indicated at the beginning of this thread, Comrade Evan decided that since it was a VIP flight, there must have been a VIP pressure and he is sticking to his story regardless of the evidence.

I also noticed that since the news broke out of RusAir Tu-134's navigator being slightly on the tipsy side, Comrade Evan stopped complaining about supposed blood alcohol content of general Blasik. Coincidence?

Comment

• So, the very general who wrote the rules, remember all that stuff from the military about "on my watch" and "chain of command" .. ??

Decided in total (a pilot himself no less), decided to chitter and chatter on the flight deck while a solo pilot is doing a one armed paper hanger IFR solid approach to an airstrip that was using ... what is the story with those goofy searchlights .... he decides to chit and chat about the football scores from the day before?

Proof? What was he doing there anyway? Practicing his knot and pearl stitches from his crochet classes? Away from all that political banter back in the passenger cabin?
          Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

• A pull or two from a jug can steady a mans nerves during a tough approach.

Start thinking like a mans man, did you expect some girly-girl flying (use Arnold voice), or like a strong Slavic man?
            Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter_K View Post
              There is no proof of any VIP pressure but as indicated at the beginning of this thread, Comrade Evan decided that since it was a VIP flight, there must have been a VIP pressure and he is sticking to his story regardless of the evidence.
              Give me a break. The President had dressed down the former pilot in front of the pilot of this flight for not taking risks, he subsequently lost his position and you don't think that's pressure? As I said before, denial is an awesome thing to behold. You can't get to the truth until you're willing to accept it.

Comment

• I think some are getting a bit too paranoid about this little, unimportant general standing in the back of the cockpit and reading quietly from the engineer's altimeter. I bet that in the cut out section of the CVR he says: "there is no visibility, go around guys."

Comment

• And this is what the people who "worked" on the CVR recording are doing right now:

Comment

... he subsequently lost his position and you don't think that's pressure? As I said before, denial is an awesome thing to behold. You can't get to the truth until you're willing to accept it.
                    In the best tradition of propaganda - if you repeat a lie enough times, it will become the truth - Evan will not give up on his insisting that that pilot lost his position, despite a well known fact that he not only did not lose his position, but continued flying the president and received a medal for his actions.

Comment

Give me a break. The President had dressed down the former pilot in front of the pilot of this flight for not taking risks, he subsequently lost his position and you don't think that's pressure? As I said before, denial is an awesome thing to behold. You can't get to the truth until you're willing to accept it.
                      Oh dear! We've been through this before, haven't we? So allow me to recap quickly.

-He did not loose his job, in fact he flew with the president on few more occasions.
                      -He became an instant hero and celebrity for standing up to the president.
                      -president was widely criticized for his action in the media.

To summarize, I doubt that the president would pull a similar stunt lest than half a year before elections time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwester View Post
                        In the best tradition of propaganda - if you repeat a lie enough times, it will become the truth - Evan will not give up on his insisting that that pilot lost his position, despite a well known fact that he not only did not lose his position, but continued flying the president and received a medal for his actions.
                        Q: Why was the copilot of the temper tantrum flight now the Capt of the doomed flight? Does it have something to do with the former Capt no longer being in the left seat?

Comment

Q: Why was the copilot of the temper tantrum flight now the Capt of the doomed flight? Does it have something to do with the former Capt no longer being in the left seat?
                          It is called rotation. Cpt Pietruczuk was in the left seat 3 days before the April 10th flight flying the Prime Minister and government delegation to Smolensk (the same airdrome) for the meeting with Putin. On a previous occasion he flew the President to the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwester View Post
                            It is called rotation. Cpt Pietruczuk was in the left seat 3 days before the April 10th flight flying the Prime Minister and government delegation to Smolensk (the same airdrome) for the meeting with Putin.
                            Without the President on board, or with him?
                            On a previous occasion he flew the President to the US.
                            Only once, and because there was precisely no other pilot who could do that and the President had no choice?

Comment

• Originally posted by kris View Post
                              Only once, and because there was precisely no other pilot who could do that and the President had no choice?
                              That's a rather poor argument considering that he has only been twice to the US since the Georgian incident.

Comment

• Originally posted by kris View Post
                                Without the President on board, or with him?
                                The argument here was that he lost his job. He continued to fly as a PIC. Besides the Prime Minister is more important than the President. So you can look at it as some kind of a promotion.

Comment

Working...
                                X