Best time to Buy and Which Airline - SEA - DFW/AUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time to Buy and Which Airline - SEA - DFW/AUS

Kids are at FT Hood and Abilene (daughter at FT Hood son in Abilene) and we want to fly down on the 27th of May and back June 1st. Seattle to either DFW or Austin.

What dates would be best to buy?

What Airline seems to be best?

Ive been flying SW a lot, but since I and the wife are a bit larger we thought we'd go 1st for a treat and not bother people.

Alaska keeps coming up cheapest right now, but we had Horrid luck with Alaska every time we flew (2 - 3 hour delays every time) plus lost baggage etc. Now that was a while ago and dont know if they have improved.

SOOOO, Whatcha think.

MOD: Please feel free to move if I OOPS the Forum.

£1,558.60 on Alaska in 1st. Dont forget that in pounds, will be different in $$$$
    I might be wrong about this, 2 adults?, first class?, SEA-DFW/AUS 27th May, DFW/AUS - SEA on 1st June? thats what these flights are...

£458.40 in coach. Going out on CO via IAH and back on Alaska
    All of the above are found through www.expedia.co.uk

AA coach is £396 (will be more in dollars) leaving on 26th not 27th
    AA first is £4038 (again will be more in dollars) leaving on 26th not 27th

these 2 are booked through www.americanairlines.co.uk

Comment

Wow you guys get Hosed over there. www.kayak.com has about 1070-1200 USD per for First and 175+ USD for Economy. I know I can save a lot of Money for Econ for 3 seats, but thought it would be a treat to fly 1st for once.

Im mainly looking for The best time period to buy (30-45 days out or ???)

The airline that has the best ontime/luggage delivery service. Im not sure about US Air (the best price) or Alaska (my worst nightmare flights were with them). United/AA/Delta eta al. Frontier .. not sure which or where.

Comment

Recently I have fallen in love with bing.com's price predictor in their travel section. It has been mostly accurate and well worth the browse.
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
        X