• Show
Clear All

• Lancair kills beach jogger in forced landing

The prop separated from the engine.

Originally posted by Deadstick View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35885646/ns/us_news/

The prop separated from the engine.
    That was a consequence, not the cause.
    The engine lost oil which covered the windshield. The separation of the prop was probably a cosnequence of the engine seizure that result from running it without oil.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Even with oil smeared on the windshield, Schiavo, the former NTSB official, said Smith should have been able to see through a small window on the side of the plane and possibly yell out to anyone below. Still, there may have been little time to try to avoid hitting the jogger, she said.
      =============
      I wonder if that lady is still working for NTSB..!!!
      A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

I just read on Foxnews (won't bother to post the link) that the poor dude never knew what hit him. He had his earbuds in (we used to call those headphones back in the day) and was just jogging along, and killed on impact.

How sad and unfortunate. The odds of that happening are probably greater than winning the lottery.
        I do work for a domestic US airline, and it should be noted that I do not represent such airline, or any airline. My opinions are mine alone, and aren't reflective of anything but my own knowledge, or what I am trying to learn. At no time will I discuss my specific airline, internal policies, or any such info.

Comment

Working...
        X