BREAKING NEWS: MD11F crashed on take off at Shanghai PVG, Runway on fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING NEWS: MD11F crashed on take off at Shanghai PVG, Runway on fire

本網站為明報新聞網。自1995年推出的明報新聞網,一直為全球華人提供最具公信力的新聞資訊。明報網站是一個大型綜合入門網站,現設有多個獨立主題網站,涵蓋新聞、時事、財經、健康、教育、科技、旅遊、娛樂、生活等題材,為讀者提供高質素的內容及網上增值服務,明報網站會員更可在指定電子郵箱收到明報網站發放的即時新聞。 明報網站成立以來,一直深獲全球華人的支持,是目前最有影響力的中文新聞網站之一。

A MD11 freighter crashed on take off at Shanghai Pudong Airport (PVG) at 0740 local time (1840 eastern time). News report states that the fuselage broke into two and exploded on impact after the aircraft lifting off from the runway. The flight was from Shanghai to Bishkek. The report also states that the aircraft is registered in Zimbabwe and has 7 crews on board. 4 has been pulled out. 3 of them was dead and 1 was severely injured. The runway is on fire. A China Eastern Airlines warehouse nearby is also on fire.

Preliminary report says that the tail of the aircraft hit the runway on take off and fire broke out at the tail section. The aircraft then crashed soon after lifting off the runway. Some witness said the flight lifted off at a slower speed than normal.

1 runway is closed at the moment. Delays and cancellations of flights to/from Shanghai are reported. There are no fatalities report on ground so far.
    Last edited by CathayPacific; 2009-11-28, 04:41. Reason: 2nd update from news report
    Next:
    None Planned

Holy crap. That must have been an extremely hard tail-strike to have caused such damage to the fuselage. Hope the crew are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by saupatel View Post
      Holy crap. That must have been an extremely hard tail-strike to have caused such damage to the fuselage. Hope the crew are ok.
      OMG! Twice MD-11F crashed within a year. Is this possible imbalance weight in the back of aircraft when lift off? We will wait and response from investigators what is the cause of crash. I hope everyone gets recovery soon.

Stuart

Comment

This is odd..

Check out the picture with this story.

Three staff have died and four others were injured after a cargo plane caught fire at the Shanghai Pudong airport Saturday, local officials said, Xinhua reported.

The blaze occurred at 8:12 a.m., when the plane veered off the runway before it took off, they said.

All the seven foreign staff were rushed to the People's Hospital of Pudong New Area, where three of died and one is in serious condition as of 11:00 a.m.

The blaze was put out at about 9:00 a.m., rescuers said.

The plane, SMJ 324, was registered at Zimbabwe. It was scheduled to fly from Shanghai to Bishkek, capital of Kyrgyzstan

Three staff have died and four others were injured after a cargo plane caught fire at the Shanghai Pudong airport Saturday, local officials said, Xinhua reported.

Comment

Well, two sides of the medaillon:
          - MD-11 is one of the most reputated a/c in the world, and one of the few that is NOT older than me (unlike LH-B747 ..)

I am proud of not bein part of the two worst 747 accidents in the world:
          - PanAm B747 Lockerbie (198 and
          - KLM B747 at Tenerife Sur - Los Rodeos (1977).

So welcome to all B747-flights that are available in the year 2009: EDDF - KEWR with LH-B744 and ... many more.
          We fulfil the duty of the most secured B747 flights that are available with ETA KEWR.
          The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

I take it it was Z-BAV, the only MD-11 registered in Zimbabwe to Avient:
            [photoid=6694639]

Comment

Originally posted by 11Fan View Post
              Check out the picture with this story.

The blaze occurred at 8:12 a.m., when the plane veered off the runway before it took off, they said.

All the seven foreign staff were rushed to the People's Hospital of Pudong New Area, where three of died and one is in serious condition as of 11:00 a.m.

The blaze was put out at about 9:00 a.m., rescuers said.

The plane, SMJ 324, was registered at Zimbabwe. It was scheduled to fly from Shanghai to Bishkek, capital of Kyrgyzstan

http://en.trend.az/regions/world/oco...s/1589851.html
              that was picture WRONG! It was not Dash 8 crashed in China. Dash 8 doesn't fly cargo ever in the world.

It was SAS Dash 8 emergency landing with failure landing gear.

The actually MD11F crashed in Shanghai Pudong airport.

Why did the media took the wrong picture of this Dash 8?

Stuart

Comment

Why did the media took the wrong picture of this Dash 8?
                It's been suggested that they used a stock photo. That's why I suggested that it was odd.

Comment

That airplane has only been in service with that airline for less than a month!

Comment

Sounds like a mess, reminds me of the take off accident with the Kalitta 747 that split in two in May on Brussels airport.

Comment

She was just 8 days in service with Avient. Sad that this confirms the bad name Avient has.
                      If you fail to take off from a 4000mtr long runway there must be something wrong with the cargo on board, shifted, or the calculations made by the crew.

Some pictures of the remains
                      Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation
                      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Man, this is terrible news

When I read MD11F crash my heart stopped as I feared it could be some friends of mine...

R.I.P.

wilco737

Comment

local report with pics.
                          I got the news at the very begining. but due to the traffic closed, I can not drive into. I know that place as one of local spotters.
                          飞机失事现场,货机失事现场,津巴布韦籍货机部分残骸,一架外籍货机在上海浦东机场起火,上海浦东机场起火,一名协警在飞机失事现场外警戒,事发现场外聚集了大量消防车,记者正在事发现场外采访,群众围观,出事现…

Comment

Why is the MD-11 seem to have a tendency to crash on take off and landing?

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                              She was just 8 days in service with Avient. Sad that this confirms the bad name Avient has.
                              If you fail to take off from a 4000mtr long runway there must be something wrong with the cargo on board, shifted, or the calculations made by the crew.

Some pictures of the remains
                              http://avherald.com/h?article=423638d8&opt=0
                              Or, it could be a REALLY, REALLY hard tail strike that caused the cargo to shift.

Comment

Working...
                              X