Another classic JP.NET thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another classic JP.NET thread

Most of you complaining about the intrusion of AD's members weren't even around back then. Allow me to introduce you to MikeD. Who is MikeD you ask? MikeD is an Aviator.

I don't suppose by any chance that Mike D might possibly be a "heavy" freighter pilot these days ?

(deliberate restriction of emoticon use to just one to express a happy, tongue-in-cheek comment )
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

We need more men like MikeD and JeffinDen around here! I miss Jeff's insight on posts about how long it will take UAL to paint their fleet in new colors.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        I don't suppose by any chance that Mike D might possibly be a "heavy" freighter pilot these days ?

(deliberate restriction of emoticon use to just one to express a happy, tongue-in-cheek comment )
        He sounds like him in this thread sometimes but I can guarantee you that MikeD is not ITS. Quite the opposite, as far as the professional aviation activity is concerned as well. Mike flies those fast, maneuverable jets for USAF.

Comment

MikeD is not IntheShade.

Comment

10+ pages of this thread and no one made the connection with Dr. Strangelove. What are the kids watching these days? Peter Sellers played several characters in this movie but he is simply brilliunt as the German scientist. He did not work with the script. He improvised. A scene was filmed could not be repeated in the exact the same way. In this one you can watch the guy playing the Soviet ambassador almost suffocating himself trying to prevent himself from busting out laughing:

As a bunus, THe Precious Bodily Fluids about which Mike goes on and on:

They don't make actors like that anymore...

Comment

ITS's return perhaps ?

[photoid=6670500]
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I wonder if there's a Mine Shaft gap between us and those Russian pigs today? I think its worth discussion.

Comment

MikeD is very different from ITS.

He has a sense of humor, but his forum activity has tended to be very serious, with relatively little tomfoolery.

And, no way is Apooh MikeD.
                  Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

As long as Vauxhall and BMW V8s (, Mini Coopers, a/c's) are operated with zero % alcohol, I second that. Humour is most important in these times, and as long as jp-members maintain 1% of humour, I dont care about where they come from (AD or Texas or...) .
                    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
                    X