This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin announcement sends Frenchmen into panic aboard an Airbus

Old news but I don't think it was reported here. BTW, I don't think it was an accidental tape mix up. Is Shady still flying cargo?

French passengers on an Aer Lingus Dublin-Paris flight were thrown into panic when a faulty announcement told them the plane was about to make an emergency landing, the airline said...
    An English-language announcement 20 minutes after leaving Dublin said the plane was heading into turbulence, asking passengers to return to their seats - but the pre-recorded French version said they were about to ditch.
    One passenger told the Irish Examiner newspaper that a French man who was dozing next to him suddenly woke up and looked very startled.
    "He translated what had been said to me. The message, he said, was that we should prepare for an emergency landing, note where the emergency exits were and await instructions from the captain.
    "As there was turbulence as well I got quite alarmed. The woman behind me was crying.
    "All the French freaked out," he said.
    It took a few minutes before the cabin crew realised the error.
    "They then went back on the PA system and apologised for playing the wrong announcement in French," the passenger said.
    The airline spokeswoman said the error was the result of the public address system malfunctioning.
    "We subsequently clarified this and apologised to our passengers. It was a very unusual occurrence," she said.
    There were about 70 passengers on the A320 Airbus flight on August 4.
    Browse a range of useful and interesting content relating to real estate & investment

Originally posted by Peter_K View Post
    Old news but I don't think it was reported here.
    Didn't search?

Here it is...
    -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
    -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

Originally posted by P3_Super_Bee View Post
      Didn't search?

Here it is...
      Aaaa, thank you. It was rather illusive as I could not get any matches using the search strings including the words as "airbus; panic; Frenchman; ITS".

Comment

Originally posted by Peter_K View Post
        Aaaa, thank you. It was rather illusive as I could not get any matches using the search strings including the words as "airbus; panic; Frenchman; ITS".
        Aer Lingus worked for me...
        -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
        -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

Working...
        X