X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
    I give up!
    There is a god.

Just because you have thousands more flight hours than I do, and just because you've flown alot bigger metal than I have, does not mean that you are not a knucklehead.

Comment

I give up!
      Hey, I still want to get my hands on one of those hyper velocity missile gizmos. My neighbor's dog keeps crapping on my lawn.

Comment

I have based them on my 40 years as a professional pilot, my personal observations of the reconstructed wreckage of TWA 800 in New York, and my talks with both an FAA inspector and a couple of Boeing engineers.
        For someone with your credentials, you are certainly gullible. By the way, how many years have you been flying?

Comment

Originally posted by Verbal View Post
          For someone with your credentials, you are certainly gullible. By the way, how many years have you been flying?

I've heard 40 mentioned.
          Per
          Ancient Mariner
          Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

Hot damn! Where can I get me one of those hyper velocity weapon thingamajigs? And since it is heat seeking, why did it hit dead center in the fuselage instead of hitting a heat source -- say, an engine?
            I need some of them, too for my startup terrorist agency!

While an engine might be the most likely target, typical worksmanship and quality assurance will make it the least likely part to actually get hit.

ToM

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemondays View Post

While an engine might be the most likely target, typical worksmanship and quality assurance will make it the least likely part to actually get hit.

ToM
              Workmanship and QA? You are talking about a device which doesn't yet exist!

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemondays View Post

ToM

Talk to any military pilot about a tactical take-off, the throttles are advanced, and then retarded. This lets a missile lock on and starts the clock. (The onboard battery has about one minute of life for a shoulder fired weapon). This is done twice so now the missile will lock on and loose the heat signature, lock on again and loose it again. Now the battery is just about gone, this is a standard procedure in the C-17, C-5, and also was done on the C-141. However, they also shut off the packs! The heat signature from the packs is something most civilians do not think about. And where are the packs located? Usually under the center of the fuselage, or in the nose. Not where one wants to take a missile hit. Remember, that in an aircraft with under wing mounted engines they are designed to come off the wing. I am willing to bet that TWA 800 was not expecting to be shot at that day, so I am quite sure they had at least one pack running and more than likely two.

BB

Comment

Hey Bobby, while we're on the subject, how well do you think a military transport would stack up against a corpse-eating self-fueled foraging military robot?

Comment

Originally posted by Verbal View Post
                    Hey Bobby, while we're on the subject, how well do you think a military transport would stack up against a corpse-eating self-fueled foraging military robot?

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto

Comment

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto
                      And speaking of alien invasions, I think we should all be deeply concerned about some of the UFO sightings that are being reported, including this one.

Comment

Why? Did TWA800 collide with one of them?

Comment

Working...
                        X