Fun with Ryanair - or more crazy ideas by MOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with Ryanair - or more crazy ideas by MOL

Only hand luggage for Ryanair in the future. You can carry as many bags as you like as long as they are no larger than 56 centimeters (22 inches) by 45 centimeters by 25 centimeters.

Now that will be fin, especially at the security posts at the airport, when they have to check double the hand luggage then before.

I know why I do not fly with them.

I priced up a trip to Malta a while back. I priced BA, Air Malta, easyJet and Ryanair. I took one 20kg suitcase, one laptop and one cabin bag of the required dimensions.

Most expensive ? easyJet. ( pay for food and drink onboard. Crap legroom, seating stampede. )

Next most expensive ? Ryanair. ( pay for food and drink onboard. Crap legroom, seating stampede. )

Cheaper ? BA. ( full scheduled service, reasonable seat pitch, preflight online check in and seat selection. )

Cheapest ? Air Malta. ( full scheduled service, reasonable seat pitch and preflight online check in and seat selection. The most suitable flight times for me. )

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who I travelled with !! They now have my business in their Club Class. Excellent service.

I wouldn't touch the lo-costs with a bargepole.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Judging by my username you'd think I was an easyJet fan, and I am to a certain extent. However, I find in terms of reliability, price and service, Ryanair are hard to beat.

I have travelled several times with them, never had a single delay (every flight has arrived early), and always find their staff polite, friendly and helpful. The flights are usually cheap, my latest trip this week was the only one so far costing more than 2p (including taxes). We paid £300 for two return flights to Haugesund, not bad at all considering the next cheapest alternative would be on SAS at £300 each and would involve flying to Oslo, then Bergen, then Haugesund. Our next journey there in August is only costing just £75 return!

All in all I can't find fault with Ryanair, even after all the added extras (check in for instance, but even that's free on the special offer flights) they still usually work out cheapest.

If you want free food, free drinks, seat selection etc, then go with someone else. Me I'm happy with a really reliable airline, at a usually cheaper price

Comment

I made a suggestion in the recent Ryanair "Think up the next thing we can charge extra for" contest that they charge extra for pressurized cabins, and for the oxygen consumed by passengers during the flight. (Passengers that can hold their breath for the whole flight can have this charge refunded in the usual efficient way that Ryanair handles refunds).

Comment

Working...
        X