Landing an A318 at St. Barths TFFJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bujuraj_Vataranjan View Post
    WOW if the A319 can land there why doesn't Frontier fly there?
    Because they can send them to Anchorage and make a profit
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

wouldn't have to fly on a tiny tiny BN-2.
      A BN-2 isnt "tiny tiny". It is about the same size as a Cessna Caravan which is the biggest airliner we get back home.

Comment

LOL...

It's funny to see an A318 landed there is no way in real life.

Anyhow, you (leftseat86) broke the FAA or Airbus manual rule out that you cannot use deploy reverse thrust when you stop complete. The reverse must be off at least 60 Kts. Tsk Tsk! LOL! I know it just a game.

Stuart

Comment

Best thread evar!

Comment

Originally posted by ASpilot2be View Post
            A BN-2 isnt "tiny tiny". It is about the same size as a Cessna Caravan which is the biggest airliner we get back home.
            My friend has a Dodge Caravan, its got the same engine as the plane. Not very fast. LOL
            Bujuraj Vataranjan-O'Malley

Comment

My friend has a Dodge Caravan, its got the same engine as the plane. Not very fast. LOL
              Your friends car has a Lycoming? Or the turbine version?

Comment

Originally posted by ASpilot2be View Post
                Especially the three-engine version, known in some parts as the Puerto-Rican DC-10.

Comment

Originally posted by Spad13 View Post
                  I didn't say his comment wasn't stupid, I said I've read much stupider around here.

Yeah I'm glad I don't read these forums much.

Comment

Originally posted by Big777jet View Post
                    LOL...

It's funny to see an A318 landed there is no way in real life.

Anyhow, you (leftseat86) broke the FAA or Airbus manual rule out that you cannot use deploy reverse thrust when you stop complete. The reverse must be off at least 60 Kts. Tsk Tsk! LOL! I know it just a game.

Stuart
                    Yes, it's funny and maybe that's the reason why MS FS was invented - we practise things that we'll never be able to practise out there under the sun.
                    I should also try TFFJ, but I don't have an A318 in the hangar, my A320 should do it, shouldnt it (dont be surprised if you soon hear the whoooey-sound from my VC..) ...

There is a non-virtual part in it, reverse thrust must be off when slower than 60 KIAS.
                    And when getting introduced to the FS9 LH-B744, I noticed that it is recommended to us to only apply reverse thrust when ALL tires are on the runway (and not in the air, especially the front tires). I tried that out, and it's a good recommendation, you really tend to stick to the required landing speed. And maybe it's a bad virtual trick to give reverse thrust to the B744 with main gear landed, front gear still in the air, only because you came in a little too fast.
                    Last edited by LH-B744; 2009-05-29, 09:12. Reason: to train, to practise... ?
                    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Stuart
                      1. There is NO FAA rule that says that. Care to show me where you got that nonsense from?

2. For aircraft that have the 60kt reverse limitation, it calls for idle reverse no later than 60kt, not "reverse off" by 60kt. Not the same thing. I know, it's just a game, but it's still a good idea to post good info.

Comment

1. There is NO FAA rule that says that. Care to show me where you got that nonsense from?

2. For aircraft that have the 60kt reverse limitation, it calls for idle reverse no later than 60kt, not "reverse off" by 60kt. Not the same thing. I know, it's just a game, but it's still a good idea to post good info.

Are you really trying to drop some knowledge on that kid? hahah

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
                          Are you really trying to drop some knowledge on that kid? hahah
                          Just trying to point him in the right direction. Futile, I know.

Comment

1. 2. For aircraft that have the 60kt reverse limitation, it calls for idle reverse no later than 60kt, not "reverse off" by 60kt. Not the same thing. I know, it's just a game, but it's still a good idea to post good info.
                            I said that reverse off that mean you turn off reverse. You can't leave reverse on until you complete stop. I mean that at least 60 kts you must turn off reverse.

Stuart

Comment

Well, FAA is strict if you don't follow manual aircraft instructions. It can be pilots break the rules. It's still FAA covered for pilots who are breaking the rules. It can be dangerous damage engines can cause injury or death to passengers. It can be break blade fans or objects can go through aircraft's skin. FAA is part of aircraft rules what you are flying aircraft rule. You can't fly loop on a 747 with passengers. FAA and Aircraft are the same rules.

Stuart

BTW, two of the Southwest pilots made an error not follow the manuals. One is landing too fast in BUR and secondly is not using deploy reverse properly when snowing on MDW's runway. That's FAA ruled.

Comment

I said that reverse off that mean you turn off reverse. You can't leave reverse on until you complete stop. I mean that at least 60 kts you must turn off reverse.

Stuart
                                You may have the thrust reversers engaged below 60kts however the engine must be at idle is what Spad13 is trying to say.

Also NW used reverse thrust to pull away from the gates with their DC-9s.

Comment

Working...
                                X