Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They just flew under the bridge.

Comment

Also, an RAF Hunter went under Tower Bridge in London some time in the 1960s (ie. above the road bridge but under the superstructure part). Pilot was doing some sort of protest and knew it would be his last flight.

Comment

Thanks for posting these! I loved them! Just my luck, every year during Fleet Week, I always have to work when the Blue Angels were flying. I never knew they flew under the Golden Gate. Thanks!

Comment

This past Sunday at about 10:30 am local, (03/29/2009) I was giving a demo flight to a potential student and was abeem the Golden Gate Bridge (over the presidio) and watched two Cobra gunships and a Kiowa fly under the bridge. I wish I had my camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg J. View Post
            I live here in San Francisco and often wondered if it's possible for a commercial aircraft to fly under the Golden Gate Bridge? If it's happened already, are there any pictures? Thanks
            Returning to your original question, yes it's absolutelly possible. It just takes an airpane and a pilot willing to do it.

Originally posted by Stuart
            There is no way to fly any of under bridge. It's against the law.
            Whther it's legal or not is a fully different matter. Ilegal things are always possible almost by definition (nobody would legislate that you shall not do something that is impossible anyway).

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

I may be imagining this, but I thought there were photos of the Pan Am Clipper flying boats flying under the bridge....
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I hope this isn't too far off. This is a good read about an Air Force bomber being flown under the Mackinac Bridge.

A Man's man - That's how those who knew Captain John Lappo back in the 50's referred to the pilot made infamous by his aerial assault on the

I had the opportunity to meet John Lappo while in Anchorage in 1995. He was a very good friend of my wife's grandfather who introduced him to me. Glad I got to meet John before he passed.

Enjoy,

Brad

Comment

The guy of the last video dereves being jailed for life...

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                  --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                    I may be imagining this, but I thought there were photos of the Pan Am Clipper flying boats flying under the bridge....
                    I've heard about this, too. I also heard there is a photo of a L 1011 flying under the bridge, but I can't find anything on that. To everyone else, thank you for all the information. It's been helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg J. View Post
                      I also heard there is a photo of a L 1011 flying under the bridge, but I can't find anything on that.
                      I seriously doubt that.

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
                        I seriously doubt that.
                        I figured that since I couldn't find the photo posted anywhere. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
                          I seriously doubt that.
                          I've seen the picture he's thinking about. It was a fake of a UA DC-10.
                          Didn't the Blue Angels used to fly under it until they were told to knock it off?

Comment

Originally posted by thxcollins View Post
                            [(d) Helicopters. Helicopters may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section if the operation is conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface. In addition, each person operating a helicopter shall comply with any routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the Administrator.]
                            I've witnessed an NYPD helicopter flying down the East River fly under the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges one evening.
                            KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Working...
                            X