Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH buys 30 CSeries aircraft for SWISS

Important milestone for Bombardier.

Excellent. It would be nice to see a couple of North American airlines in line for them as well.

Comment

LF is slowly taking control of Europe and great news for them to
      expand Swiss Intl. I think maybe for a North American launcher, maybe US Airways or Air Canada, no way I see UA, AA, DL/NWA being interesting right now. Mexicana is looking as possibly getting the C Series to replace their 717s when their leases are up.
      what ever happens......happens

Comment

Official press release from Bombardier:

Bombardier is a global leader in the business aviation industry. Its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol BBD.

Bombardier Aerospace announced today that Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the launch customer for the CSeries aircraft program, has signed a firm purchase agreement for 30 CSeries model CS100 (formerly C110) single-aisle aircraft. These aircraft will be operated by Lufthansa’s subsidiary Swiss International Air Lines Ltd. The agreement also includes options on an additional 30 CSeries aircraft.

Based on list price, the contract value for the 30 CS100 aircraft is approximately $1.53 billion US.
        Bombardier Aerospace also today announced the launch of new model designations for its game-changing CSeries family of aircraft. The 110-seat configuration (previously known as the C110 aircraft) will be designated the CSeries model CS100 aircraft and the 130-seat configuration (formerly the C130 aircraft) will be designated the CSeries model CS300 aircraft.

Comment

Since these aircraft will replace LX's Avro's, I'm assuming that they can land at LCY.
          TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Originally posted by TAP-A343 View Post
            Since these aircraft will replace LX's Avro's, I'm assuming that they can land at LCY.
            And perhaps that is the great advantage in ordering the aircraft so early into the process - that they will definately have a say in their prospective designs/operating procedures. Great news for Bombardier. I wish them success, and hope that this new product may benefit from greater fuel efficencies and the like.
            Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Hi!

I think LCY must be London City, or something like that. I read that they WILL be capable of landing at the London airport that has specific airframe/noise requirements, whatever it is. They are VERY quite, very fuel efficient, and with WAY less emissions than the most modern engine now flying (Pratt and Whitney GTF engines-BRAND new!).

cliff
              GRB

Comment

Originally posted by atpcliff View Post
                I think LCY must be London City
                Exactly.
                TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Nice! Looks somehow like a new generation smaller A32s type, but with an interesting nose design.

Interesting to see, that Swiss takes over the role as lunch customer again. Swissair did it a few times, Crossair as well, now SWISS. I remember having read, that they didn't want to take that risk anymore.

OK, in 5 years we will have something new to chase with the camera then ...
                  My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Has Bombardier discussed seating layouts yet? I am assuming that it is more than likely to be 2, 2 seating right? Or is the fuselage wide enough to possibly seat 2, 3 seating?

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
                      Has Bombardier discussed seating layouts yet?
                      I'm sure it's come up a time or two. Or three.

Comment

Originally posted by atpcliff View Post
                        Hi!

I think LCY must be London City, or something like that. I read that they WILL be capable of landing at the London airport that has specific airframe/noise requirements, whatever it is. They are VERY quite, very fuel efficient, and with WAY less emissions than the most modern engine now flying (Pratt and Whitney GTF engines-BRAND new!).

cliff
                        GRB
                        Apart from the issues of quietude, there is the much more stringent issue of landing capabilities and strong decent capabilities. LCY is one of the world's most perilious airports in that the landing requirements are extraordinary (controlled rapid descents into a city center where the runway is quite short). Yet, the airlines that operate there do a fantastic job in highly training their pilots for the rigors of operation at LCY. Needless to say, the aircraft that are sleected to operate there are nomally of a special breed.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
                          Apart from the issues of quietude, there is the much more stringent issue of landing capabilities and strong decent capabilities. LCY is one of the world's most perilious airports in that the landing requirements are extraordinary (controlled rapid descents into a city center where the runway is quite short). Yet, the airlines that operate there do a fantastic job in highly training their pilots for the rigors of operation at LCY. Needless to say, the aircraft that are sleected to operate there are nomally of a special breed.
                          I think you're over-egging the LCY issues somewhat. It's certainly true that airlines using this field mandate special training for their crews, but to call it "perilous" is a stretch. Even in Europe alone there are numerous airports that are just as challenging, yet life seems to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
                            I think you're over-egging the LCY issues somewhat.
                            Perhaps he is, but one would be hard-pressed to argue with a word like "quietude". It's almost like the word "fraught", only even sexier.

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                              Nice! Looks somehow like a new generation smaller A32s type, but with an interesting nose design.

Interesting to see, that Swiss takes over the role as lunch customer again. Swissair did it a few times, Crossair as well, now SWISS. I remember having read, that they didn't want to take that risk anymore.

OK, in 5 years we will have something new to chase with the camera then ...
                              Nosedesign reminds me of the Sudaviation Caravelle.
                              I wonder which GTF plane will fly first Bombardier, Cessna or MRJ?
                              "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Working...
                              X