Amazing flying in Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing flying in Alaska

This dude took his super cub around the state for 3 months.

Some amazing photos

Holy Sh*t! Now those are nice pics!

He probably uses a Nikon.....
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Those photos are amazing. What a tour he got to take. I wish I had the time, money and plane for something like that. I can't wait for my Alaskan cruise next month.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

wow...those shots are simply amazing. Most of the World will never see what he saw, astonishing!

Comment

Beautiful. Makes you want to run away and go on an adventure.

Comment

I spent 12 1/2 years in Alaska. About a year and half on the end of the Alaskan Peninsula (Cold Bay, CDB ot PACD) and the other 10 years in and around Anchorage.

I have more than 1000 hours flying a 1956 Super cub (PA-18-150) on Edo 2000 Floats during the summer, Landis ski's during the winter and 25X11X4 Tundra tires during the "transition" periods.

The photo's brought back many fond memories.

After the Super cub, I had a Maule M-4-210 which is a fine 4 place STOL aircraft. It's not a Super cub, but it hauls twice the useful load at 1.5 times the speed and only needs 10% more area to safely operate. However, the 8.50X6 tires will only tolerate rocks about half the size the tundra tires on the Super cub will.

There is not a finer place on earth to fly than Alaska. The airplane was made for the Last Frontier.
            Last edited by Dmmoore; 2008-07-03, 18:38.
            Don
            Standard practice for managers around the world:
            Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmmoore
              I spent 12 1/2 years in Alaska. About a year and half on the end of the Alaskan Peninsula (Cold Bay, CDB ot PACD) and the other 10 years in and around Anchorage.

I have more than 1000 hours flying a 1956 Super cub (PA-19-150) on Edo 2000 Floats during the summer, Landis ski's during the winter and 25X11X4 Tundra tires during the "transition" periods.

The photo's brought back many fond memories.

After the Super cub, I had a Maule M-4-210 which is a fine 4 place STOL aircraft. It's not a Super cub, but it hauls twice the useful load at 1.5 times the speed and only needs 10% more area to safely operate. However, the 8.50X6 tires will only tolerate rocks about half the size the tundra tires on the Super cub will.

There is not a finer place on earth to fly than Alaska. The airplane was made for the Last Frontier.

I really find the idea of flying to anywhere you can land amazing, and cool. Not very common in the lower 48...

Comment

Cam,

Sorry to disappoint, if you read through his site, says he uses a Canon 20D with an assortment of f2.8 lenses.

amraam

Comment

^^^I'm just poking the fire......
                  My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Unbelivable =)
                    BH Airlines A319

Comment

Awesome

Reminds me of home Oh, I am home
                      You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Now that would be a really really fun tour to do. Exept the money it takes!

Comment

Absolutely beautiful scenery captured in those pics. Makes me somewhat envious, though it gives me an idea of what to do if I win the lottery .

Comment

Clovis, you are the best :congrats: Illustrating at best the trusty CUB is just IRREPLACEABLE, everything is just great and stunning. Hopefully, Shaun should think coming up with a feature documentary film
                            Thanks for visiting
                            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                            *JetPhotos*
                            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by Calfo
                              Now that would be a really really fun tour to do. Exept the money it takes!

Honestly probably not all that expensive. Super Cubs are probably some of the cheaper airplanes around, and if rented, I think the biggest expense would probably be avgas and getting to Alaska.

Comment

Working...
                              X