Amazing flying in Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uy707
    Clovis, you are the best :congrats: Illustrating at best the trusty CUB is just IRREPLACEABLE, everything is just great and stunning. Hopefully, Shaun should think coming up with a feature documentary film

I emailed him proposing he upload some of the better photos to jp.net in higher quality

Comment

Tough stuff !
      Looks like real adventure - but seems not to be a real playground over there. Alaska fascinates me and after looking through that blog, even more.
      Thanks for posting that link !

My Train-Pic's at RailPictures.net & Train-Videos at Rail-Videos.Net

Comment

I meant to post in this thread when it was first made, but I just came across the guys pictures on A.net forums.

Apparently he crashed in the Super Club and died while looking for somewhere to land. Such a shame, RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
          I meant to post in this thread when it was first made, but I just came across the guys pictures on A.net forums.

Apparently he crashed in the Super Club and died while looking for somewhere to land. Such a shame, RIP.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/311358/
          I read that, the pictures are very sad of his burning plane just laying there...truly a tragic loss.

Comment

I had been reading the blog. How sad to hear the bad news.

Comment

Sad.
              When you fly on the edge all the time, the risk of slipping is very high.
              The old axiom applies:
              There are old pilots
              and bold pilots
              but there are no old, bold pilots.
              Don
              Standard practice for managers around the world:
              Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

That's really sad to hear. But looking at his pictures and reading his blog, I think it's safe to say that he lived more in a day than most people live their entire lives. I hope I can have some similar experiences while I'm alive.

Comment

Very sad indeed. He perished in the pilots seat in the place he loved though, RIP.

Comment

Working...
                  X