Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check the histogram, it looks underexposed to me.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Excuse me is the Socata TBM-850 considered in the category "small prop"?

Comment

• Originally posted by medo View Post
        Excuse me is the Socata TBM-850 considered in the category "small prop"?
        Yes please.

Comment

• Do pictures of aircraft on the ground taken from an airborne helicopter need any special categories checked? What about a picture of a concourse pier of gates with planes at the gates, closeup to show just the planes but also shows some of the concourse building itself - airport overview?
          View my photos at JP.Net
          Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
          Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

• what is the guideline for night shots - how long before sunset? For example, sunset time was 17:16 and I have a picture shot at 16:29 that was rejected for category. Should I appeal? I need to know what time frame is considered night. Doesn't twilight begin 30 minutes before sunset?
            View my photos at JP.Net
            Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
            Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

• If the photo shows typical dawn or dusk light, i. e. long shadows or orange light, then it needs the Night shot category.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                Do pictures of aircraft on the ground taken from an airborne helicopter need any special categories checked? What about a picture of a concourse pier of gates with planes at the gates, closeup to show just the planes but also shows some of the concourse building itself - airport overview?
                To answer your first sentence, the helicopter issue. The fact that you are in a helicopter makes no difference to being on the ground. Otherwise it depends on the subject. A shot of a single aircraft that fills the frame is judged category wise the same as if it was taken from on the ground. It is uploaded using the the reg, airline and c/n etc. Not airport overview.

Answering your second part.. Multiple planes at the gates = ramp shot and airport overview. Same goes for a closeup of multiple planes at the gates. Ramp and overview. If you upload a single aircraft at the gate then it is not ramp or overview.

Basically, if you upload using the aircraft data then the only categories needed are those that apply to the individual aircraft.
                If the view has multiple aircraft and parts of the airport as the scene then it's just ramp/terminal/control tower (as appropriate) and overview, but not any aircraft specific categories.

Bit of a complicated answer, hope it helps.

Comment

• Should a photo like this count as "flight deck"?

Beech C-45 Expeditor N70GA Steep Bank by Hongming Zheng, on Flickr

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by hongmng View Post
                    Should a photo like this count as "flight deck"?

Beech C-45 Expeditor N70GA Steep Bank by Hongming Zheng, on Flickr

Thanks in advance
                    anyone?

Comment

• Yes, cockpit category please.

Comment

• Hi everyone, this photo of this UAV was rejected twice for: - Categories wrong or missing First time I selected: small prop Second time I did not select nothing. What category should I check? Thank you for your help.

Comment

• Small prop and warbird/vintage since she is a museum piece.

Brgds
                          “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                            Small prop and warbird/vintage since she is a museum piece.

Brgds
                            Thank you very much Erwin.

Regards,

Franz Galli

Comment

• Is a Bronco considered "Small prop" and "Warbird"?

In particular I'm referring to the one registered as F-AZKM.

Comment

• warbird pls
                                “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Working...
                                X