X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want the 400mm!

Andy

Comment

That 24-70 F2.8 looks really nice too... it would go nicely with my new 70-300VR

Comment

....but for twice (3x, 4x.....) the bucks

I'm curious how
        a) the AF-S 24-70/2.8 performs, compared to the AF 24-85/2.8-4 (don't know the latter) and
        b) how the AF-S 14-24/2.8 outpaces the AF-S 12-24/4...

(not that they're affordable once for me, though
        Last edited by seahawk; 2007-08-24, 06:48.

Comment

Originally posted by bleuair

I'm curious how
          a) the AF-S 24-70/2.8 performs, compared to the AF 24-85/2.8-4 (don't know the latter) and

True i will probably end up with the 24-120mm VR as a replacement for my 18-70mm

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
            I doubt this will be the end to crop sensors due to the need and reliability on them by sports photographers. This is the reason why Canon has their full frames and then they have their high performance cameras with a crop sensor.
            Im not saying it will be the end of APS-C this moment, but now that Nikon are in the full frame business, it will introduce more competition on such cameras bringing their price tag down making them more available to the consumer. As i doubt many people have instantly swapped to EF-S/DC/w1.5/6 crop only lenses, it will make a full frame DSLR more easily accessable.

On that note, with the 1dsMkIII, the pixel area is now the same as the 30D(i think, it would be very close anyway), so i could crop to give me the 1.6x fovcf, and get the same image with the same resolution as shooting with a cropped body ie 30D. So then the only different factor is FPS and the buffer, which sooner or later, will end up being what people need.
            Sam Rudge
            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by bleuair

I'm curious how

Save some money and get the old 35-70 2.8D- A very good performer indeed and who needs AF-S on a 70mm =

PS. No, I am not gonna switch. This is worse. I can ignore the D300, but the D3 could be harder.

Comment

Do you reckon they will bring out a D300 kit?? Hope it is with 24-70 f/2.8!

Comment

what's the reason behind the switch from CCD to CMOS sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by NeilA330
                    Do you reckon they will bring out a D300 kit?? Hope it is with 24-70 f/2.8!
                    You can make your own kit, but the kit definitely won't include that lens. With Canon's new 40D kit including a lens with IS, look for Nikon to upgrade their kit lens also.

The only other different between the 1DsMkIII and 30D happens to be the extra 12 MP right?
                    Tanner Johnson - Owner
                    twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
                      The only other different between the 1DsMkIII and 30D happens to be the extra 12 MP right?
                      Not at all, i was jst trying to make a point here. you just said the cropped bodies will still have a big future becasue of the extra 'reach', but if pixel size is the same, a full frame sensor can just be cropped to give the exact same framing with that resolution. naturally processign and such will be different.
                      Sam Rudge
                      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Working...
                      X