Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe View Post
    Siegi,
    All these shots are very clear rejects and there's no chance you'll get them online unless you try to learn what an histogram is. The contrast issue has been explained MANY times to you so PLEASE try to learn from what has already been said.
    The similar rejection is very correct too, and the motive on the "highway" shot is just not interesting at all I'm afraid...

Now just a question, when the weather is really bad, don't you think it's sometimes better to go have a beer instead of shooting white planes on a white sky...??? I know what my choice would be...

Alex
    Every day in Germany was bad weather, no choice, I to fly to spotting and not to walk.
    I think to concede part of photos rejection, no point to make an effort.

Siegi.

Comment

• We have to judge over the photos using our guidelines. The fact, that you flew to an airport and had bad luck with the weather does not change the quality of a photo.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Siegi,
        I've been 3 times to LHR for spotting, total of 5 days... So that makes a LOT of planes... but all these days were with crap weather...
        Thanks UK

I only have 2-3 pics from LHR on JP. Sometimes we are not lucky... That's spotting. Why would I upload all theses shots with crap weather and poor contrast when the database is full of waaayyy better shots from LHR ?

Why are you spotting ? if the answer is "to upload my pics to JP" then I think it's very wrong. Spotting is about many things before JP (meeting new people, traveling, planes, beer etc...) - Then if at the end of the day you have some nice pics you wanna show on the web, JP is the place for it.
        Well it's my own philosophy and I'm not saying I'm 100% right. But I really believe spotting is more than just uploading pics to JP.

As a final note, it's not a contest either. When I see you (and some others) uploading so many similar or close to similar shots, I get the feeling that you want to upload the max number of pics possible on JP. I could be wrong for sure, but sometimes being more selective is more rewarding as you then have a better, more interesting portfolio.

Regards
        Alex

Comment

• Piero,
          It's not the problem with saturation but mainly because your pic has a green cast color all over it that needs to be corrected on editing.

regards
          Alex

Comment

Piero,
            It's not the problem with saturation but mainly because your pic has a green cast color all over it that needs to be corrected on editing.

regards
            Alex
            Ok, i've just resent this image. Thank you for helping me.
            Piero

Comment

• Originally posted by DC10&MD11 View Post
              The big windows have greenish tinted glass, and it's bright light coming through them, so there is a greenish colour cast to the shot which you usually get shooting through windows etc. I didn't shoot it using any filter or through window/tinted glass. The colour represents the natural condition that existed there at the time. Neither did I do any colour modification/manipulation. I know that the colours could have been adjusted (although I don't do that for any of my editing) but that will be digital manipulation from the actual conditions. Wouldn't it?
              Hi Aziz,

There's a very important aspect of how digital cameras render colour, and a little time spend getting the hang of it will make correcting colour in your images easier. The human visual system auto-white balances very well, and even through tinted glass we still see white essentially as white (at least our brain tells us it's white so it amounts to the same thing). Digital cameras can't do this in the same way and to render colours correctly they need to be told what conditions they're shooting in, and this is why all digital cameras have white balance. Remember, you're trying to make a good photograph and that's very different from seeing something with your own eye; you're using a format that has to be used in a certain way to get the best out of it, so how you set your camera is extremely important. My advice when shooting things like night shots under artificial light or through tinted glass would be to use the Custom White Balance feature of your camera (which your camera manual will explain). It's an extremely handy tool that will help you get the best out of difficult lighting with the minimum of correction in editing.
              Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Hii all

I would like to explain what the problem here?
                I think thi aircraft center in frame...

SIegi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siegi N. View Post
                  Hii all

I would like to explain what the problem here?
                  I think thi aircraft center in frame...

SIegi.
                  Siegi,
                  You want us to help you but you didn't even took the time to reply to our last messages to you ???

We are not at your service, get some education and you'll get some attention.

Alex

Comment

Siegi,
                    You want us to help you but you didn't even took the time to reply to our last messages to you ???

We are not at your service, get some education and you'll get some attention.

Alex
                    Alex,
                    I mean the centralization plane, no on contrast, did not recived that last message, sorry.

For what Forum?
                    Forum to help who do not know a good edit photos

Best regards,
                    Siegi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siegi N. View Post
                      Alex,
                      I mean the centralization plane, no on contrast, did not recived that last message, sorry.

For what Forum?
                      Forum to help who do not know a good edit photos

Best regards,
                      Siegi.

Gerado and my reply ...

LX-A343
                      We have to judge over the photos using our guidelines. The fact, that you flew to an airport and had bad luck with the weather does not change the quality of a photo.

Alex
                      Siegi,
                      I've been 3 times to LHR for spotting, total of 5 days... So that makes a LOT of planes... but all these days were with crap weather...
                      Thanks UK

I only have 2-3 pics from LHR on JP. Sometimes we are not lucky... That's spotting. Why would I upload all theses shots with crap weather and poor contrast when the database is full of waaayyy better shots from LHR ?

Why are you spotting ? if the answer is "to upload my pics to JP" then I think it's very wrong. Spotting is about many things before JP (meeting new people, traveling, planes, beer etc...) - Then if at the end of the day you have some nice pics you wanna show on the web, JP is the place for it.
                      Well it's my own philosophy and I'm not saying I'm 100% right. But I really believe spotting is more than just uploading pics to JP.

As a final note, it's not a contest either. When I see you (and some others) uploading so many similar or close to similar shots, I get the feeling that you want to upload the max number of pics possible on JP. I could be wrong for sure, but sometimes being more selective is more rewarding as you then have a better, more interesting portfolio.

Comment

Gerado and my reply ...

LX-A343
                        We have to judge over the photos using our guidelines. The fact, that you flew to an airport and had bad luck with the weather does not change the quality of a photo.

Alex
                        Siegi,
                        Thanks UK

"When I see you (and some others) uploading so many similar or close to similar shots, I get the feeling that you want to upload the max number of pics possible on JP"

You no mistake, that I have pictures on the computer that I have them in JP even if I have fron Israel, I no have abroad.

Siegi

Comment

• Can someone tell me if this will pass. I was hoping it would be a Hot Picture but it was invalid. But will it be OK for a regular upload? Lockheed Martins "Dragon Star" had to make a Emergency Landing due to a loss of cabin pressure. They had a rear window shatter. I am not sure if it substaind engine damage from the glass.

Lockheed_Emergency_Landing by JasonKPHX, on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by Iwnafly View Post
                            Can someone tell me if this will pass. I was hoping it would be a Hot Picture but it was invalid. But will it be OK for a regular upload? Lockheed Martins "Dragon Star" had to make a Emergency Landing due to a loss of cabin pressure. They had a rear window shatter. I am not sure if it substaind engine damage from the glass.

Lockheed_Emergency_Landing by JasonKPHX, on Flickr
                            Jason,

Indeed she is invalid hot.
                            To me the picture is an interesting addition to the dbase but I don't know if the people in front if the a/c are considered as obstructing clutter by other screeners.

I would vote add, maybe some 2opinions?
                            “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• Thanks, I tried the hot picture already. I was under the impression it was. No big deal. But thought it might be worth uploading. I will wait for a couple more thoughts.

Jason

Comment

• Jason,
                                Definitely too obstructed, sorry.

Regards
                                Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X