Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

I got the following rejected as you can see for horizon unlevel and bad colour.

I appealed in shorter words and more or less what I am about to type below, but my appeal got turned down holding up the original rejection reasons.

I looked at the photo again and in PS I used the grids, the crop tool or even the context menu (Thanks Gerrardo for suggesting that in a post) on various uprights. All of them seem to be vertical. Well there might be room for splitting hair for one of two but it is a wide angle shot ...............

The big windows have greenish tinted glass, and it's bright light coming through them, so there is a greenish colour cast to the shot which you usually get shooting through windows etc. I didn't shoot it using any filter or through window/tinted glass. The colour represents the natural condition that existed there at the time. Neither did I do any colour modification/manipulation. I know that the colours could have been adjusted (although I don't do that for any of my editing) but that will be digital manipulation from the actual conditions. Wouldn't it?

So where do I go from here on this? Any suggestions?
    Last edited by DC10&MD11; 2010-11-28, 21:37. Reason: typo correction.
    CheersAziz

Comment

• Thanks Gerardo.
      A portuguese photojournalist living in Brazil.

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
        to the photo just above my post.
        Preferable write the name and response as OMAR ALEX always writes like that, To all the forum know who you are responding in a post.

Comment

• Didn't have to do it in the last 10'000 posts, I don't think I have to start it now.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Aziz,
            About the horizon, a little 0.3 CW rotation should do it. about the colour, it really looks too green, even with tainted glass. If you really want to have it online here, I would suggest to play a bit with the light colour green cast and bring down the greens.

Regards
            Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy_fly View Post
              Hello guys!

This one got rejected because of oversharpeness.

I cannot agree to it because I think the sharpeness is perfect.

Nice to hear your opinions!

Regards,
              Jan

Jan,
              The pic overall looks a bit soft/blurry, look at the titles, we can't say that they are really shart. Now if you look at some straight lines, they really look jagged. I guess it's due that you tried to compensate some bluriness by oversharpening the helicopter.
              Now on a more personnal note, that bottom right corner really kills the shot...

regards
              Alex

Comment

• Aziz, in addition to what Alex mentioned, also check the lower right corner. It looks as if you rotated the photo and left out a grey part of the PS background color.

I tried to play with the colors a bit. Best results were by playing with the individual color channels in the curves tool.

Comment

• Originally posted by DC10&MD11 View Post
                  Hi,

I got the following rejected as you can see for horizon unlevel and bad colour.

I appealed in shorter words and more or less what I am about to type below, but my appeal got turned down holding up the original rejection reasons.

I looked at the photo again and in PS I used the grids, the crop tool or even the context menu (Thanks Gerrardo for suggesting that in a post) on various uprights. All of them seem to be vertical. Well there might be room for splitting hair for one of two but it is a wide angle shot ...............

The big windows have greenish tinted glass, and it's bright light coming through them, so there is a greenish colour cast to the shot which you usually get shooting through windows etc. I didn't shoot it using any filter or through window/tinted glass. The colour represents the natural condition that existed there at the time. Neither did I do any colour modification/manipulation. I know that the colours could have been adjusted (although I don't do that for any of my editing) but that will be digital manipulation from the actual conditions. Wouldn't it?

So where do I go from here on this? Any suggestions?
                  An alternative is to set the grey point on the mid belly of the lady in trousers at the left side. Brings the internal colours back to a correct level.
                  The centre verticals are leaning to the left. Use the main upright of the framework holding the LG sign to centre it.
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                    (...) set the grey point on the mid belly of the lady in trousers (...)
                    I'm having a hard time at holding back my comments

Comment

• ^^^
                      I had a feeling you would be the next to reply !!

...but the fix works. See, women have their uses !!

(Ducks and runs for cover. Pam, put that baseball bat down)
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                        (...) on the mid belly of the lady in trousers (...)
                        Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                        I'm having a hard time at holding back my comments
                        Same here too

However I am already in enough trouble as it is as the better half always thought that I don't do only plane spotting. Thanks to Mr. Furmanski she got the proof too as he put this picture - http://www.flickr.com/photos/46254216@N03/5219241634/ on facebook......we were only admiring the beautiful sunset and looking to see what was on the cargo ramp at MXP

Now if she finds that I am tweaking female pictures then I have had it.........

...But on a more serious note, thanks very much for all your suggestions but I will pass on this one as it sounds too much work for a single photo. I still have many, many more fishes to fry.......

CheersAziz

Comment

• Originally posted by DC10&MD11 View Post
                          Same here too

However I am already in enough trouble as it is as the better half always thought that I don't do only plane spotting. Thanks to Mr. Furmanski she got the proof too as he put this picture - http://www.flickr.com/photos/46254216@N03/5219241634/ on facebook......

... I'd just like to say that "rat poison vindalu is all the rage now!" are Nina's own thoughts on the matter... nothing to do with me Guvnerrr

pwf
                          Last edited by HB-IHC; 2010-11-30, 00:24.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

• Hi all

Please explanation Photos:
                            1. http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3234114
                            Lack contrast or much contrast?

2. http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3234105
                            Lack contrast or much contrast?
                            This similar photo?
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6979508&nseq=3 I think this another angle shot.

3. http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3234113
                            I think it's beautiful, the sign shows the direction of the airport, the picture is near Route 25L in frankfurt, and plane in land runwau 25R.

Best regards,
                            Siegi.

Comment

• Siegi,
                              All these shots are very clear rejects and there's no chance you'll get them online unless you try to learn what an histogram is. The contrast issue has been explained MANY times to you so PLEASE try to learn from what has already been said.
                              The similar rejection is very correct too, and the motive on the "highway" shot is just not interesting at all I'm afraid...

Now just a question, when the weather is really bad, don't you think it's sometimes better to go have a beer instead of shooting white planes on a white sky...??? I know what my choice would be...

Alex

Comment

• Hi all, I just had this rejection:

for bad color, but I don't understand what's wrong with the shot: if saturation is too high or low.

Thanks all!
                                Piero

Comment

Working...
                                X