• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between CRJ 100 and 200?

Have flown on Comair several times over the years, I thought
    it was a 200. Did Comair have many 100's? If so, what is the
    obvious difference between the two series......Thanks
    IRAN AIR 747SP rules!!!

As far as I know the -100 differs form the -200 because the -200 has more efficent engines, fuel, longer range, and a high payload.

The engines on the -200 have Hot and High performance meaning they can operate in High Altitude airports like Dever or Mexico City and Hot, Im not sure, someone elaborate on that one.
    -Kevin

Comment

Kevin already stated everything I know about them preformance wise. But visualy, its easy to spot the diffreance between the two after a while.

CRJ-100
      [photoid=5649083]
      [photoid=5655865]

CRJ-200
      [photoid=5656278]
      [photoid=5656453]

Its clear that the CRJ-100 is shorter and more stuby, and also has less windows.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
        Its clear that the CRJ-100 is shorter and more stuby, and also has less windows.
        Um, no. CRJ-100 and -200 have exactly the same fuselage, no chance to differ them by that. Kevin is right with what he said about the engines being the main reason. The -200s have a more modern version of GE's CF-34 engine, which have more and more efficient, hence as a result, the plane can take off at a higher gross weight, and can fly further.

Comment

The only visual difference i can see between them two is the antenna on the tail cone right behind the rudder.The 100 have a smaller "wire type" antenna.

Comment

they have the same fuselages, but diff engines, and slightly different preformance stats

Comment

Which one is this then?
              DTVAirport

Comment

Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
                I'll say its a CRJ-100ER

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                  I'll say its a CRJ-100ER
                  How can you tell?
                  DTVAirport

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                    I'll say its a CRJ-100ER
                    I agree. If you compare the photos posted by Chasen up above, you'll see that there's a little antenna at the very back of the fuselage on both planes which doesn't look quite the same.
                    There's your answer bmiChris2k5

Comment

Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
                      How can you tell?
                      Thats for me to know, and you not to find out (I have insiders at Bombardier )

Comment

The CRJ-100 has the CF-34-3A1 engines....theese had low reliability and were eventually swapped out with CF-34-3B1 engines. The -100 was phased out and the -200 was the new base model offered with the newer engines.
                        Anybody can fly a round airplane....

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                          The engines on the -200 have Hot and High performance meaning they can operate in High Altitude airports like Dever or Mexico City and Hot, Im not sure, someone elaborate on that one.
                          I'm pretty sure that the 'hot in Hot 'n High just generally means higher power, because as air heats, it gets less dense, thus decreasing the lift, so you need more powerful engines for the same performance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
                          Cheers,
                          A.M.

Comment

The CF34-3A1's and the -3B1's are the same thrust rating.

The -3B1 has hot and high performance. Its already explained above in the topic.
                            -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                              Um, no. CRJ-100 and -200 have exactly the same fuselage, no chance to differ them by that.
                              Oh, it always looked smaller to me, I was just looking at it differantly I guess. Thanks for letting me know.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X