Loosing interest ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loosing interest ?

Do you get bored with the airplane subject. I noticed that I´m not so eager to go spotting anymore and I do no longer care if photos get accepted or not, I would say I´m possibly close to stopp uploading completely.

q Screeners : I´m sorry für the load of shit I uploaded recently. I did not really work on the pictures. Won´t happen again.

Probably just something that comes and goes.

Comment

hmmm nope. maybe due to the fact that I live at least an hour away from any airport with commercial service so I normally cant go more often than once a month.
      greetings,
      Philip

Comment

I kind of know the feeling. When I go to the airport to often (it's very close to me), I get bored by the large amounts of the same ordinary planes (for instance the KLM B737's en Fokker's around AMS . Best thing to do is to spend less time on spotting at your local airport. Either go spotting somewhere else, or spend some time on another hobby. Works fine for me.

Comment

You can always try to expand your hobby, and go photograph non aviation related things.

Comment

Somebody saying that AMS can get boring just takes away the cake ....

Seriously: I too can loose interest in aviation photography at times, but never in photography over all. Sometimes I simply take the camera on a nice evening and try a few shots of a landscape, just trying to catch a "magic moment".

But the more time I spend off of any aviation location, the more I get the urge to finally spend a few hours again at ZRH.

Gerardo
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
              Somebody saying that AMS can get boring just takes away the cake ....
              Yes, I know, I am spoiled . Seriously, sometimes I went to the Kaagbaan 3 evenings a week. Seeing nothing else than the ever available KLM 737/ fokkers, Easyjet/ 737/a319 BA a320 etc. and having not enough creativity to find a new photo angle, you get a bit bored. I have been to EDDL last week and loved to see some (ordinary) Lufthansa B737's I suppose a DUS spotter gets bored by these after a while

Comment

Hmm I spot cause I like it. Love to see a small or heavy taking off. I take pictures now only for personal collection. I dont take pictures only to upload them on jetphotos. The recent spotting meeting with buddies was great (and I havent brought my cam with me) I had fun anyway.
                I have an idea for you. Yesterday I was talking with my colleague at work and she asked me why I dont apply to our local newspaper company and sign in for a freelancer job regarding aviation (airplane shots) You can provide them with your shots. How's that sound ?? What ever you decide to do, dont drop the photographing part ! But its absolutely up to you ofcourse !
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Come to Copenhagen and you will drown in SAS MD80's !!
                  Regards
                  Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

The problem is that I noticed it, when I was at FRA, an airport I normally do not go to and which has much more and more interesting traffic then my usual DUS.
                    I just got less interested somehow. Did not care about the camera settings as much as usual, did not walk to get a better angel.

Today I tried again at DUS, as a YAK-42 was visiting. I have the pics on my harddisk and I really do not want to look at them. I do not even care if they are ok or not.

I think I will take a loooonnnng break.

Comment

Originally posted by CPH Aviation
                      I know..Ever experienced this. ?.: Behind the trees you hear a wraur from a taxying plane.. And you might be thinking it's a special one. And after it appears from behind the trees you only find out that it is indeed what you feared it to be. Just another Md80 ..

Btw Sirr, I met Suni. a great guy from Maryland.. Heard you guys met each other at kystvejen the 25th sept.
                      He also mentioned the light was a killer. Bad Bad timing noh ?
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Im a little like that, but my basically loss of interest all around is because of the current state of the industry.

Comment

Originally posted by CPH Aviation
                          You can have our SWISS A319/A320/A321!!

Gerardo
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I've worked in aviation sionce I was 13 and yes sometimes the interest wanes every once in a while. But it comes back. And now that I'm multiples of 13 I still love aviation.

Comment

I've been the same this past few weeks/couple of months. I think it's because I've been going to MAN almost every weekend and also sometimes during the week so I'm doing what everyone else has done and taking a break for a few weeks.

Might just have to force myself to take pictures in a couple weeks at SXM though

Dale

Comment

Working...
                              X