Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A330-300 Leasing Costs?

Hi,

Me and a few friends are currently working on school project where we have to invent our own business and then create a business plan.....

We thought about an Airline operating out of MSP serving the carribean...

The plan is to lease 2 A330-300 but, we don't know the price (range) for leasing those (from ILFC for example).

Does someone know what it would approximately cost for each plane to lease it over a 2 year period (monthly cost)???
    Given the aircraft is brand new and has a business as well as an economy class.

Thanks in advance.

Just basic facts but they refuse to give a price;

I'll see what else I can find.
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Not sure about Airbus leasing costs...

But if you ever do decide to buy Boeing instead, check out: http://boeing.com/commercial/prices/
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Can also check with www.atwonline.com
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Wow, I wish this was 1971 because a L1011 would be cheap as dirt right now. 18 millon.
          -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
            Not sure about Airbus leasing costs...

But if you ever do decide to buy Boeing instead, check out: http://boeing.com/commercial/prices/
            ...I see the prices, where are the leasing costs?
            - The baby will be back -

Comment

Below are costs for A330 operated by the US Airways and Northwest. It is of course an average of the two. As far as the Lease rates take the AC/Cost * daily utilization * 30 days in a month and you get the monthly cost of ownership which may be a loan payment or a lease payment. For your purposes you can take it as a good proxy to simulate the ownership cost in your business.

The source of this information is based on Eclat Consulting data which is drawn from Form 41.

A330 (For the period of 12 month ended Sep. 2004)

COST PER Block Hour
              Crew - $1,509
              Fuel - $1,965
              AC/Cost - $563
              Insur. - $18
              Taxes - $62
              MX Direct - $348
              MX Burden - $235
              Other - $8
              Total BH Cost $4,708

A/C Total For the month - $241,483

Avg Utilization - 14.1 BH per day

Hope it helps.

N139ER, over
              N139ER, turn left heading 030, join the shoreline northbound, contact Departure 125.8, g'day

Comment

Okay lets keep this short and simple. (the joys of being in custoday and no - paperwork to fill out)

Now i dont know how much a Airbus A330-200 is but i will take its counterpart a 767-300ER. The Boeing 767-300ER list price is 123.5-136.5million. For this example lets say $130mill. Leasing costs for just the plane is usually 1-2% of the aircraft price so your looking at $1.3million a month just to lease the aircraft. Ontop of this $1.3 million you have got your costs of pilots, ground handling, flight attendants, etc. Usually for a start up airline you contract the engineering out to other companies.

1. Its saves you the money
                2. Its hard for a new airline to have qualified engineers.

But on the other hand, if you lease a old 1988 Boeing 767-300ER your leasing costs would be cut in half, but the problems of an old aircraft are teh following.

1. Increased Age
                2. Increasing engineers
                3. Something is allways bound to happen..

Anyway if i have some more time i will finish this off if you like

Originally posted by N139ER
                Below are costs for A330 operated by the US Airways and Northwest. It is of course an average of the two. As far as the Lease rates take the AC/Cost * daily utilization * 30 days in a month and you get the monthly cost of ownership which may be a loan payment or a lease payment. For your purposes you can take it as a good proxy to simulate the ownership cost in your business.

The source of this information is based on Eclat Consulting data which is drawn from Form 41.

A330 (For the period of 12 month ended Sep. 2004)

COST PER Block Hour
                Crew - $1,509
                Fuel - $1,965
                AC/Cost - $563
                Insur. - $18
                Taxes - $62
                MX Direct - $348
                MX Burden - $235
                Other - $8
                Total BH Cost $4,708

A/C Total For the month - $241,483

Avg Utilization - 14.1 BH per day

Hope it helps.

N139ER, over
                Yeah its alright you saying that but they actually own the aircraft or finance it so their not paying for leasing.

btw i forgot to add insurance

Originally posted by ACman
                Wow, I wish this was 1971 because a L1011 would be cheap as dirt right now. 18 millon.

You can pick up a L1011 for around $1 - $2 million these days
                Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
                  ...I see the prices, where are the leasing costs?
                  Read my post again:

"But if you ever do decide to buy Boeing instead, check out..."
                  Will F.
                  Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                    Read my post again:

"But if you ever do decide to buy Boeing instead, check out..."
                    Ready, breathe in, breathe out

Comment

Originally posted by Ansett
                      Yeah its alright you saying that but they actually own the aircraft or finance it so their not paying for leasing.
                      Well here is the real quote from Airline Business April 2005, "Finn says that the appetite for the A330 has also been strong, with its better seat mile costs persuading some airlines to change from the smaller Boeing 767. However, the extra range 767-300ER is picked out by appraisers as a strong performer, with leasing rates up from around $240,000 to $400,000 per month over the last year and a half. "

As far as NW and US, yes, they own their aircraft, but the payment would not be far away from what the lease rate would be. If it were then how could leases compete with the straight out financing? In fact leases offer lower payments then financing therefore start-ups and LCC love to do operating leases.
                      N139ER, turn left heading 030, join the shoreline northbound, contact Departure 125.8, g'day

Comment

Originally posted by N139ER
                        Well here is the real quote from Airline Business April 2005, "Finn says that the appetite for the A330 has also been strong, with its better seat mile costs persuading some airlines to change from the smaller Boeing 767. However, the extra range 767-300ER is picked out by appraisers as a strong performer, with leasing rates up from around $240,000 to $400,000 per month over the last year and a half. "

As far as NW and US, yes, they own their aircraft, but the payment would not be far away from what the lease rate would be. If it were then how could leases compete with the straight out financing? In fact leases offer lower payments then financing therefore start-ups and LCC love to do operating leases.
                        I know that they A330 is far more 'enjoyable' than the 767-300. The reason why LCC choose to operating lease becuase frankly they have got no money at all and leasing is the better option and it reduces the risk aswell as their NTA. I'll finish this tommorow

Comment

I think this whole discussion started by LH380 asking how much it will cost to lease the A330 per month. I think the answer although not accurate because every lease is tailored to the lessee's condition, the age and demand of the aircraft was established.

I did not mean to start a discussion whether LCC will go with 763ER or 332. Frankly it does not matter to me, but the lease payments that LH380 was interested in are going to be in the vicinity of $300,000 per month no matter what magic you are going to pull out. If he wants to be sophisticated I can tell him how to use simulation software @RISK or CrystalBall to introduce unpredictability of this price based on Normal distribution of the payments for the past two years for A330 if we can find the data.

If this is to be a meaningful discussion, we should see sources for any figures that are presented here not just mere assumptions.

N139ER

Comment

Working...
                          X