FRA or AMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRA or AMS

I want to go and shoot some heavies this weekend. Both airports are around 250km from my home.

Which would you pick ?

I would say Frankfurt. All though Amsterdam have some very good photography spots, thoug call
    Regards
    Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

If it's only 250km, why not do one this weekend and the other next weekend??

Cheers
      Brendan

Comment

I'd pick AMS over FRA everyday. Sure the traffic rocks in Frankfurt but you'll get lots of heavies in Amsterdam too plus the awesome spots!
        greetings,
        Philip

Comment

Since you are from Germany I would pick AMS, only to pick up the nice KLM heavy's. Personally I would pick FRA, more traffic and intresting visitors.

Rgds,
          ErwinS
          “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

I have never been to FRA so far, but I doubt, it can beat AMS. The photo locations aorund AMS are simply outstanding.

Gerardo
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I believe AMS is very good photo location wise. The locations in FRA don't vary as much, but there's a ramp tour bus that runs every hour or so.

Dale

Comment

I've done both and have loved both. I'd quite happily go back to either. In fact AMS is already booked in for early june.
                1 one weekend and the other the next sounds perfect.

Comment

I would like to see FRA for a change

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
                    I've done both and have loved both. I'd quite happily go back to either. In fact AMS is already booked in for early june.
                    1 one weekend and the other the next sounds perfect.

I'll do both in July on a 5 day spotting trip...cant wait whooooo!!
                    greetings,
                    Philip

Comment

shoot at AMS and you'll have pictures about 1000 other photographers already have..

Go to FRA

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
                        shoot at AMS and you'll have pictures about 1000 other photographers already have..

Go to FRA

Missing a few zeros there?
                        My photos on jp.net

Comment

Go to FRA
                          In AMS there is enough room to be creative. You can position yourself anywhere along the Runway and will have an unobstructed view from every point. FRA just offers side-on approch shots and backlight terasse pics. Also tons of shots like that around.
                          greetings,
                          Philip

Comment

Go to FRA
                            I though the same. As it will be the first weekend with very nice weather, I expect hundreds of spotters sitting at AMS, with as many uploading here. So every plane will be uploaded more then once.

FRA on the other hand has not so many poeple uploading here.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
                              I though the same. As it will be the first weekend with very nice weather, I expect hundreds of spotters sitting at FRA, with as many uploading here. So every plane will be uploaded more then once.
                              Yes, this really is a bit of a nuisance around here... (assuming you intended to type AMS instead of FRA). And it's been getting worse. Nowadays, even the tourists are taking pics of planes instead of tulips, canals, wooden shoes and/or the red light district...

Paul

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
                              X