This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simpleboy
    If your browse the photo databse, you will find the Olympus ones are on the whole, better than the Fuji counterparts.
    On the whole? Better in what respect? It's an interesting statement, but I'd like to see some evidence to back it up (and no, I don't mean showing one bad pic taken with a Fuji and one particularly nice one taken with an Oly)...

Paul

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Find me Fuji consumer cams that beat these

With the Oly 3MP
      [photoid=146859]
      [photoid=142758]
      [photoid=115830]
      With the Oly 4MP
      [photoid=320975]
      [photoid=302695]
      Sam Rudge
      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

I've been more than happy with my Fuji S5000. I wish I could afford a DSLR but the price jump is way to much for me at this time.

I bring it to all my airshows, it doesn't have the speed for quick fly bys but does great for the taxi bys and statics.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Here are my rest in here
        View photos by {photographer}. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

All of my airshow pics are here

You can tell which is 35MM and which are digital.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
          Find me Fuji consumer cams that beat these
          Well, my whole point being that these ultrazoom cameras are largely similar in terms of image quality, and this isn't about one brand 'beating' the other, I'm going to show a few that IMHO are just as sharp, well exposed, etcetera.

All taken with consumer Fuji's:
          [photoid=299182]
          [photoid=426298]
          [photoid=334827]
          [photoid=364191]
          [photoid=430240]

And a few of my own (S5500):
          [photoid=425737]
          [photoid=428007]
          [photoid=428992]

Mind you, we're talking technical quality here, not esthetic value and such. Can't beat the tropical shots with typical Dutch weather conditions, I'm afraid...

Paul

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

IMHO the camera brand has nothing (or little) to do with the final result. It's the human part (a.k.a brain of the owner) that has the final word.

You can have US$125,000 worth of equipment, all will be rendered useless, if you can not use them to their full potential. Any brand you choose (Fuji, Olympus, Panasonic, yada yada yada) will be okay.

I believe there is no "super bad" Fuji or "super duper excellent" Olympus, all brand are moreless the same in term of photographic result. After all, those are well-known brands.

We are not talking about some "Aikon KoolPics" made in China here (and NO, I'm not joking. We have that brand of digital camera in this part of the world. Nikon wannabe I presume).

It's the hand and the brain of the photographer that makes every picture taken with any camera worth a thousand words.

SMIIW (Slap Me If I'm Wrong)....
            *crossing finger, hoping that no one slap me*
            Baron F. Hussein
            Visit www.indoflyer.net for news, articles, forum, and photos on Indonesian Aviation.

Comment

Not much point comparing different cameras on the basis of shots that have made it into the database. Shots in jp.net aren't necessarily representative of a given camera's typical output because first of all they may only be a proportion of all shots submitted for screening; and secondly because they would have been put through post-processing to remove defects produced by the camera, such as noise.

I could say the Canon Powershot A85 is a great camera because I took this with it:

[photoid=399372]

But it took a lot of work to get there from the original. You can see an 800 x 600 segment of the unresized original below. Looks rather different doesn't it? To judge a camera's quality you have to see what its original output looks like.

Comment

Just keep also in mind that those are cameras of 'just' $300. You can't expect DSLR quality or images @ 1200* wide or so. Actually, plane-spotting requests a lot of your camera... and those 'normal' ones aren't made for this in fact.

I was using a Fuji S5000 myself for a year, got the best out of it (at least I hope so).

Comment

I do not like Fuji Finepix series(unless it´s a S3 Pro,of course!) and I used and edited photos with a S5000 and a S5100.
                  About those two..S5000 starts in ISO160 and has a big amount of noise,S5100 starts at ISO64 and still has way too much noise for that ISO setting..don´t even consider other ISOs.That´s why I call them "Noisepix".
                  Image quality is average on S5100 and S5000...but S5000 has too much green or yellow pictures..
                  What I like on those two is the hand grip,the SLR like design,the zoom range and the EVF.
                  What I really like about the S5100 is the fast shutter.There is pratically NO shutter lag giving the S5100 an advantage above the other 4MP 10X zoom cameras in the market.
                  But still I´d go with the Olympus C series..
                  My photos on Jetphotos.net

Renato

Comment

I'm using S5500 I think it only has one weak-point : too much noise .
                    But nanyway, I still like it, I have many shots about airplanes with S5500 .

Comment

this was taken with the S5000 just last week

Comment

I would recommend the Olympus C-765. It gives high quality photos (my opinion)

and it's pretty cheap.

These photos are taken with olympus c-765:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=444542

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=440696
                        My photos on Jetphotos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=13662

Comment

Top Gun and Johansson, why not post segments of an unedited and unresized original? That way one could really see what your camera's image quality is like.

Charles

Comment

These are unedited pictures taken with my S5000. They are resized because the original size is over 2000 pixels and that would be a pain to look at. However, they are not cropped.

Anyone think the first one has a chance to make it into the DB? That's the original picture (not cropped), and the background could be a little annoying.
                            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                              These are unedited pictures taken with my S5000. They are resized because the original size is over 2000 pixels and that would be a pain to look at. However, they are not cropped.
                              How about cropping a small smple, say just the cockpit? That way they will see what its output is like.

This

Is a direct crop from the original of this
                              [photoid=320975]
                              Sam Rudge
                              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

edited

unedited sample

original full size is 2048x1536 24 BPP

Comment

Working...
                                X