X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuji Finepix...opinions?

FINEPIX S-5000 3.1 MEGAPIXEL 10X OPTICAL/2.2X DIGITAL ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA

Just pretty much if its worth the money and if its any good for Aviation Photos

From the results I've seen, I wouldn't go with the Fuji consumer digicams for aviation photography.
    Will F.
    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

I haven't heard good things about that camera. A while back I considered it for aviation photography but instead went for the Olympus 750 which I no longer use. If you're going to get a digicam go for the Olympus Ultra Zoom series although going straight up to a DSLR would save you more time, money, and effort.

And just to note: ignore digital zoom, it's useless.

Comment

I have had a S5000 for a year or so now, and it is a great starter camera. It can be a bit grainy at times, but if you use it right it shouldn't be too much of a problem. The zoom is great. Here are some examples taken with my S5000-

This is my view from my seat on the second level of the Carrier Dome in Syracuse-

And this is what the zoom did for me-

Also, my only photo in the DB was taken with my S5000-

[photoid=334446]

Can anyone fix my photo for me (make it a little less grainy)? I have tried over and over again and can't seem to get much done, and I don't have the photo-editing equipment that some of you have. I think it has the potential to be a great shot if the grain was eliminated, or at least reduced.

Thanks!
        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Digi point n shoot? head for your olympus models
          [photoid=320975]
          'nough said.
          Sam Rudge
          A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

How about Fujifilm S5500? It has about the same price as the S5000 (if the price remains the same) but with 4MP. I took these photos with it:

A visitor to my house

One of my mother's flowers

My F1 model

Comment

I don't think Fujifilm Finepix series S5xxx is useless . Maybe some people have never used FF and they only saw some comments about their camera .
              The Fujifilm Finexpix will be become useful if the user practise with it for a long time .
              I'm an amateur with S5500 and I had many airplane shots in Jetphotos
              Good camera for the people who is try with it .

Comment

Originally posted by MH332
                How about Fujifilm S5500? It has about the same price as the S5000 (if the price remains the same) but with 4MP.
                Id much rather pick up a cheaper C-770 which is part of a family that has a much better reputation for aviation photos.
                From the C-730 (3MP)
                [photoid=115830]
                [photoid=142758]
                [photoid=146859]
                Sam Rudge

Comment

Fuji S5000

I have used a Fuji S5000 since January 2004 and so far has produced excellant photo's especially aircraft photography.
                  Yeah, ok it might have some down points but it still works pratically the same as a DSLR camera but simpler in my opinion.
                  Its not the best in cloudy weather either which produces a bit of grain but since i started, i have 162 pics on JP.net

Check them out:
                  JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Jon
                  Regards,
                  Jonathan Hartle

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                    Id much rather pick up a cheaper C-770
                    C-770 is cheaper? The last time I checked the price in KCH, it was RM1999 and the S5500 costs RM1588. Quite a stark contrast in price

Comment

Originally posted by MH332
                      C-770 is cheaper? The last time I checked the price in KCH, it was RM1999 and the S5500 costs RM1588. Quite a stark contrast in price
                      Last time i checked C-770 was cheaper, but thats possibly only in NZ.
                      Sam Rudge

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
                        FINEPIX S-5000 3.1 MEGAPIXEL 10X OPTICAL/2.2X DIGITAL ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
                        Just pretty much if its worth the money and if its any good for Aviation Photos
                        IMHO, most of the ultrazoom cameras, whether from Canon, Fuji, Olympus or Panasonic, are quite similar in terms of performance, image quality and such. They all have small sensors, meaning that you'll have to use low ISOs to minimise image noise. And they all need some time to lock focus, especially in less than ideal lighting.

You may also want to take other things into consideration, such as how the camera feels in your hands, what type of batteries (AA vs Li-Ion) and memory cards (CF, SD, xD) it uses, whether you like the layout of the various buttons and switches, and so on.

With respect to the FinePix series, I'd suggest you also check out the newer S5100/S5500 which has a 'normal' 4 MP sensor instead of the 3 MP SuperCCD. According to various reviews, the newer CCD is an improvement over the old one.

Paul

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by pvsoest
                          IMHO, most of the ultrazoom cameras, whether from Canon, Fuji, Olympus or Panasonic, are quite similar in terms of performance, image quality and such. They all have small sensors, meaning that you'll have to use low ISOs to minimise image noise. And they all need some time to lock focus, especially in less than ideal lighting.
                          I disagree, from pretty much all results Ive seen, the Olympus ones seem to have that top edge.
                          Because they have small sensors, it maximises depth of field so shooting at f3.5 is perfectly fine.
                          As for A/F speed

Speaks for itself, whiles its not as fast as as a DSLR with a USM lens, its good enough.
                          Sam Rudge

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                            I disagree, from pretty much all results Ive seen, the Olympus ones seem to have that top edge.
                            Because they have small sensors, it maximises depth of field so shooting at f3.5 is perfectly fine.
                            It could be that the Olympus ultrazoom lenses are marginally sharper (if that's what "that top edge" refers to) but I still don't think someone should immediately discard the other brands just because of that.
                            The point about depth of field is absolutely true, but it applies to all cameras with a small sensor, obviously.

Paul

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

From experiances of shooting with people with Fujis, they always seemed to have a much bigger shutter lag. If your browse the photo databse, you will find the Olympus ones are on the whole, better than the Fuji counterparts.
                              Sam Rudge

Comment

Working...
                              X