Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done and a great shot...now for a question: I have seen this in many pictures, as well as from the ground when looking at aircraft either at cruising altitude, or as they are in the descent profile...there is a trail of vapor streaming from the empannage, near to where the apu would be. Now I am pretty sure that the apu would not be on during cruise, but during descent, perhaps, but I have always been puzzeled by the trail coming from this area. Any way you, or someone else could enlighten us? Thanks
    Tim

Comment

• Originally posted by twagenknecht View Post
      Well done and a great shot...now for a question: I have seen this in many pictures, as well as from the ground when looking at aircraft either at cruising altitude, or as they are in the descent profile...there is a trail of vapor streaming from the empannage, near to where the apu would be. Now I am pretty sure that the apu would not be on during cruise, but during descent, perhaps, but I have always been puzzeled by the trail coming from this area. Any way you, or someone else could enlighten us? Thanks
      Tim
      Thanks.
      To be honest, I don't really know where that vapor is coming from. Maybe from some moisture on the fuselage or the water being dumped overboard when you wash your hands (not the toilette water).
      The APU won't be on.

Comment

• There better be a better explanation than this...Water sloughs off from the fuselage very quickly after takeoff, and if the apu is not on, then where is this coming from? Water dumping from an aircraft at altitude is not possible, nor allowed, so this trail comes from something else...where?

Comment

• Originally posted by twagenknecht View Post
          There better be a better explanation than this...Water sloughs off from the fuselage very quickly after takeoff, and if the apu is not on, then where is this coming from? Water dumping from an aircraft at altitude is not possible, nor allowed, so this trail comes from something else...where?
          It is allowed and it is being done. Guess why there are those tubes underneath the airplane where it says HOT on it. The water from the sink is sent overboard. So better watch out during walkaround if someone washes his hands.
          and that's why we are not allowed to dump coffee or other liquids through there as it might clog the way out.
          the water from the toilette will stay on board though.
          But this should be discussed in a different thread...

Comment

• First Screener's Choice

Folks,

After a couple of years of posting I scored my first and second Screener's Choice awards today.

[photoid=6847931]

[photoid=6847924]

Thanks to the screeners for all their hard work and their kind recognition.

cheers

Mark

Comment

• My 900th photo:
              [photoid=6847903]

I don't really "plan" my "milestone" photos, but I think I'll be selective for my 1000th

Comment

• Originally posted by NF Spotter View Post
                Folks,

After a couple of years of posting I scored my first and second Screener's Choice awards today.

Mark

Congratulations Mark... love 'em both!

Paul

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

• Originally posted by WILCO737 View Post
                  Maybe not as big of an achievement as other posted on here, but my one and only picture made it above 30,000 views today! And I am quite happy about it

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6679931
                  A well deserved milestone for a well deserved photo. Well done Phil. I am a bit late to congratulate you but as they say, better late than never.......

Congratulations
                  CheersAziz

Comment

• Today I passed the 100 pictures on JP!
                    With thanks to everyone here who gave me some tips on editing and sharpening images!.

Next stop, the 1000 pictures.

My 100th image on JP is (nothing special, I'll try for the 1000th):

Last edited by Derice; 2010-05-24, 12:39.
                    My Travels across the globe
                    Pictures I am proud of

Comment

• Originally posted by billiam View Post
                      My 900th photo:
                      [photoid=6847903]

I don't really "plan" my "milestone" photos, but I think I'll be selective for my 1000th
                      Nice...we sure do miss you down her in SoCal

Comment

• My 2600th photo in the database! Thanks everyone!

Comment

• Number 900 for me:
                          [photoid=6868676]
                          Last edited by ollieholmes; 2010-06-15, 22:27.

Comment

• Number 2,500 for me ....

[photoid=6870838]

I wanted it to be this one but I miscalculated ....

[photoid=6866163]
                            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• I'm amazed .... no flying bug with props as milestone?
                              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                                I'm amazed .... no flying bug with props as milestone?
                                Phew thank God for that
                                .....scrath that dont take notice of the Zurich mafia Brian some of your GA shots are very,very nice.
                                The 2500th DLH A321 is a nice shot too.
                                Hope you enjoyed the trip to EHAM and confined your good self to the airport

Comment

Working...
                                X