Why do most people hate Delta?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do most people hate Delta?!

I myself, love Delta. I have never been on a BAD Delta flight, I always seem to get nice pilots and fa, the planes seem to be in good shape, and the whole pay for everything doesnt bother me that much, but i do admit and can be annoying when you are on a flight from SLC-ATL.

What are your guys thoughts,

Thanks
    BOI is the best!!!! Delta Rocks!!!!
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

I had a 5 hour delay on Delta once and the ticket agents seemed clueless on how to help us, but hey, it happens. So even with that, I don't hate Delta. Just flew on them last week down to Tampa and all of my flights were fine. Wait, I take that back. The snack on the ATL - IND flight was some horrible cheese snack. Bring back peanuts!
    "If you are looking for perfect safety, you will do well to sit on a fence and watch the birds. But if you really wish to learn you must mount a machine and become acquainted with its tricks by actual trial." - Wilbur Wright, 1901

Comment

Well I used to like Delta but yesterday my oppinoion changed...

I am going to MCO in the middle of August. The tickets were bought in October 2003. We had seats 11 A,B,C for the flight down and then 2 A,B,C for the fligth back up... both of these are Song flights. On Sunday we got a call and were told that the seats for the MCO-BDL had changed to 8 A,B,C these are no good b/c they don't recline fully. Why the f|_|ck did you make a change give me sh!t seats when the tickets were purchased like 9 months ago. So since we got pretty pissed over the chagned on the MCO-BDL leg the agent told us that the seats for flight down BDL-MCO had also changed.... we were supposed to have 11 A,B,C i still have 11A but the ppl i'm traveling with are in other places. All the seats are windows though. So anyways we basically yelled at them for over an hour because of what happened and the woman kept coming out with crap excuses. We had assigned seats and they just randomized them for some random reason and thankfully there are still windows.... if not i would have gone crazy. AA started with the random seat changes and now Delta seems to have taken the same course so as of now Delta is on my bad list.

Infact i'm not even sure I have a favorite airline at all as most of them seem to suck. And treat ppl like crap. The airline i have had the best experience with so far is Air Canada and United.... the channel 9 deffinetly puts United over the top.

Comment

That isnt a very good reason to hate them, just go online and change your seats back!!!
        BOI is the best!!!! Delta Rocks!!!!
        Image hosted by Photobucket.com
        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I can't.... the flight is fully booked. If it could have been done we wont have this problem and i wouldn't have a problem with Delta

Comment

Well even my uncle has said that their F/A's are the worst, and hell he works for them. I had the worst flight of my life with them ATL-FRA, FRA-ATL, but the rest have been fairly good.

Comment

Why do most people hate Delta?!

It's not a question of "Why do most people hate Delta?!", it's much rather a question of "Why do most people hate Delayta or Northworst or US Scareways or Incontinental or Untied or Unamerican?" The US Legacy carriers are not very much liked in general, with a few obvious exceptions (like me and Delta, Chris and NW etc), but strangely most of this talk is related to aviation forums, with posts made by people who prefer LCCs. There might be a connection . Seriously, the general consensus on forums is that Legacy Carriers are badly managed, employees are overpaid, their service sucks, and they charge high prices in markets where they have a monopoly. Personally, I'm not denying that I had problems with DL on some occasions, but not more than on other airlines, with a certain French Legacy Carrier causing me a lot more trouble on 17 flights than Delta on the 100+ I've taken.

-Colin

Comment

I flew Delta many times. Especially the routes ZRH to ATL end JFK. Their service was always excellent and their food was always better than AA and LX. We never had a delay and their planes are (I think) in good shape.
                Lavatory: OCCUPIED.......D`ohh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                  It's not a question of "Why do most people hate Delta?!", it's much rather a question of "Why do most people hate Delayta or Northworst or US Scareways or Incontinental or Untied or Unamerican?" The US Legacy carriers are not very much liked in general, with a few obvious exceptions (like me and Delta, Chris and NW etc), but strangely most of this talk is related to aviation forums, with posts made by people who prefer LCCs. There might be a connection . Seriously, the general consensus on forums is that Legacy Carriers are badly managed, employees are overpaid, their service sucks, and they charge high prices in markets where they have a monopoly. Personally, I'm not denying that I had problems with DL on some occasions, but not more than on other airlines, with a certain French Legacy Carrier causing me a lot more trouble on 17 flights than Delta on the 100+ I've taken.
                  Exactly. Most people don't hate Delta, or any other carrier. There are a lot of people who love them, along with the LCC's. But, you tend to get a lot of the LCC people hating the Majors, and the Major's people hating the LCC's. I'm with Colin on this one. I have had terrible experiences on every airline, including Continental, but on the flip side, I have had superb experiences on them as well. I just have a natural knack for hating Southwest, since I am a big fan of Continental.
                  Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Originally posted by assghanistan
                    I just have a natural knack for hating Southwest, since I am a big fan of Continental.
                    I work for Southwest but CO is my favorite and most-respected Legacy Carrier. I flew my first and only DC-10 flight on CO from IAH-IAD. Fond memories. The plane actually had a walk-up bar! To keep this on-topic Delta is my #2 favorite Legacy carrier.
                    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Someone's opinion of a carrier can be made by just one bad experience, but that experience may not be representative of the whole airline.
                      Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
                      ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Not "most people" hate Delta, just a few very vocal ones.
                        Same as with the NWA "haters" who are just sick little kiddied who think they're cheated out of seeing new aircraft by NWAs policy of not replacing something unless there's economic incentive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrewster1012
                          Someone's opinion of a carrier can be made by just one bad experience.
                          You're right about that. I flew American Eagle one time and it was the worst, most unprofessional service I have ever encountered. It doesn't matter to me if that trip represents the airline as a whole (although most would probably agree). I'll never fly them again, because there are other choices out there.
                          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Re: Why do most people hate Delta?!

-Colin
                            Exactly! The US Majors simply cannot compare to airlines like Cathay, ANA, Emirates, LH, Singapore Airlines, etc.
                            Will F.
                            Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Re: Why do most people hate Delta?!

Originally posted by Crazy764

-Colin
                              Exactly! The US Majors simply cannot compare to airlines like Cathay, ANA, Emirates, LH, Singapore Airlines, etc.
                              And if any of those airlines were the size of a US Airline they would be the same way

Comment

Working...
                              X