X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ebo77 View Post
    12ish years later
    I think Delta is great airline
    Despite the fact that I am a major fan of another, competing, U.S. Legacy - I must give DL kudos.

Post merger, they have made massive strides to become a potent, and often class-leading competitor to not only US rivals, but also international carriers in new markets. DL has astutely taken advantage of the current fuel crisis cycle and ridden the wave well to stay on top (ordering new aircraft, reducing older fleets, and hedging fuel when times are rough, and conversely adding cheaper, used aircraft while the are cheaply available to buy, and fuel is cheap). Their soft product improved to the point of stirring competitors to action. Their record profits show that despite, or rather, because of the changes made - shareholders are quite content.

DL has always been a strong competitor, however, the addition of NW allowed them new blood that provided an indelible mark on the 'new DL' and now (despite the 'protesting Southern Belle' Anderson and his constant war against the ME3), is a smart and great airline not only domestically, but also a necessary partner to many foreign carriers.
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
    X