Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who have no contact with reality (and hate planes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who have no contact with reality (and hate planes)

I was surfing the net for overview pictures of HAM, when I visited a site Google came up with that is by the "Emergency community of airport neighbors Hamburg" (Sorry, site is only in German) http://www.fluglaerm.de/hamburg/home.htm, and I have to tell you, I have rarely ever read such a wide array of wrong facts to favor your case. This site is filled with complete BS and wrong facts. They say that the airport is an essential danger to HAM, especially once the A380 starts to fly to HAM, since it flies over densely populated areas for the first/last 10-20 kilometres. Plus, they say the airfield is too small for an A380 (600 ha is too small), and all other crap. The reality is: The A380 will never serve HAM on a regular basis, besides making some rare appearances at the LHT for a customized refitting a for an Arabian Sultan, and airport area has not much to do with its ability to handle an A380. And to confront some other lies: HAM is nowhere near its capacity limits, the city never bought 2000 ha for a new airport, and delays are never at 80%. God, I'm p***ed a this collection of lies. Sometimes the freedom of the internet can be abused .
    Feel free to add such examples from your airports (NIMBYs should always ring some bells)

-Colin

While they are a little off, how about www.letsroll911.org

Good ole Phil

Comment

yeah, NIMBY's suck.

Recently in the local paper here some people were bitching about airport growth. They were characteristically the same elderly folk who expect 1st class seating for cheap prices and belief they are better than everyone.

Comment

Ah yes, chris, phil jayhan,

I rember the april days when word was spreding amoung aviation enthusist, pilots, and other people about letsroll911. Whole bunch of people joined phils forums, even 767 pilots to show phil that he was full of shit. About a week later we took over the site and absolutely took every one of his therios and proved them wrong, he came up with every excuse in the book about how the 767 had missels all over it. In the end he ended up banning all of us because we basicly proved he was a dickhead.

Comment

If you want to see anti-airport whinners come to Mississauga (where YYZ is located). They allow homes to be built closer and closer to the airport, even though the city planners and Transport Canada recommend against it , and then all you hear is the NIMBY people.

Hell acft are far quieter now than 25 years ago.

Comment

What about this idiot???

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
              If you want to see anti-airport whinners come to Mississauga (where YYZ is located). They allow homes to be built closer and closer to the airport, even though the city planners and Transport Canada recommend against it , and then all you here is the NIMBY people.

Hell acft are far quieter now than 25 years ago.
              I love the development around Mavis and Derry (I think thats the intersection) with the big green sign warning of airport noise. I think thats a great location, saw a Lufthansa a340 go by this afternoon while driving to the Rona down the street from there.

My new apartment is about 3km from YYZ, I like to have dinner on the balcony on the evenings when RWY 33/15 are in use....A little entertainment with dinner

Comment

Check this out for Minneapolis.

I don't get it, the airport was there before the houses were.

Comment

I just registered at 9/11letsroll.......

-Clovis

Comment

Haha

-Clovis

Comment

NIMBY tosspots with no life at their very best

These people conveniently don't mention that almost all of them bought their houses when LHR was already there first, they then bought those houses at reduced prices compared to similar properties in SE England (When they went round to view the house did they not kind of notice a f**cking big airport nearby and planes in the sky???), nor that they use the airport for travelling.

My message for these people is pretty simple............

If you don't like aircraft noise don't move near a f*cking airport

Edit: I recall from a PPRUNE thread some years ago that all 12 or so members who staged a protest about Terminal 5, had bought their houses after 1975 and some as recently as 1994. Kinda gives them no credibility at all if you ask me.
                      I like to send them emails now and again.............purely for entertainment purposes

Losers !!
                      Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
                      Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

Your talking to a wall Clov. A very retarded, imaginative, wall.

Hell, I would love to see a 767 get up to almost 600mph with a large explosive under the wing.

EDIT: Haha, douche bags.

Comment

People who have no contact with reality (and hate planes)

Interesting: I joined that site, made one post, and got banned because Mr Jayhan claims I was using Scott's AOL Account! Shows his sense of reality . Good thing is: I have enough e-mail accounts left to span him up .

-Colin

Comment

Everyone

This thread also makes me remember a special that I think was on 20/20 about people wining about the noise of Boston Logan International, they were like its too loud, you know what the first word out of my sons mouth was "Airplane"- Then the reporter asked how long have you lived here? Answer 3 years- LMFAO, you moron, you knew the airport was there, not to mention it was first come, first serve, WINNER- KBOS!!!!

Comment

Re: People who have no contact with reality (and hate planes

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                              Interesting: I joined that site, made one post, and got banned because Mr Jayhan claims I was using Scott's AOL Account!
                              I saw that! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

Comment

Working...
                              X