Are PTV's a must for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are PTV's a must for you?

Are PTV's on a flight a must for you? I must say that on a flight longer than 3 or 4 hours I would have to have one, but for shorter flights it wouldn't bother me. I like just staring out the window as the earth goes by most of the time. :P

I am a news/information junkie though so I would at least have to have a PTV on a U.S.-Europe, U.S.-Asia flight(long flights).
    Brent

Re: Are PTV's a must for you?

Originally posted by Brent
    I must say that on a flight longer than 3 or 4 hours I would have to have one, but for shorter flights it wouldn't bother me.
    I think most people would say the same ^^^

They do seem to help pass time though on long haul flights.

Comment

PTVs are not mandatory for me. People should try reading.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I get bored with reading. I can watch a news channel for hours though. Weird, I know. :P
        Brent

Comment

If PTVs were a must then I wouldn't be flying Air India to India, which I have flown for the past 5 years whenever I need to go to India.

Would be nice though, but not mandatory.

-Pete
          Pete Ganabathi
          Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

nah dont need them although i prefer if PTVs were installed on my flight.

as long as its got a big screen or aisle tvs showing decent stuffs its fine by me.

i did AMS - NRT and back with KLM without PTVs and it really didnt bother me, 11 hours seemed as quick as with PTVs. i am lookin forward to their PTVs on brand new 772s for my next flight to NRT tho.

Comment

PTVs are nice, but I can live without them. Not that I get a choice when I'm stuck on NW all the time. Most the time I either just stare out the window, listen to music, and/or try to sleep. That usually works out pretty well.

Comment

PTV's are nice but I can also live without them. I've done IAD-CDG, ATL-LGW, and ATL-LAX-HNL and back without PTV's so as you can see I don't need them. Yet I have done ATL-MCO-ATL with PTV's.
                GO SIOUX

Comment

the only good thing about a PTV is that you can keep it on the "Tracking" channel. I like to see what im flying over. Other than that, I could care less. I mean, i can sit at home and watch TV. When I'm flying I dont want to watch tv...

Adam

Comment

No, I don't need them, I just did ORD-FCO-ORD on a AA 763 that thers is no PTV on there.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
                    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

who needs PTVs? just talk to your neighbor.
                      we all love it when people talk our ears off.
                      PTVs are great, but not the only form of inflight entertainment.
                      www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

Originally posted by airplanegeek
                        who needs PTVs? just talk to your neighbor.
                        we all love it when people talk our ears off.
                        PTVs are great, but not the only form of inflight entertainment.
                        LOL!!!
                        Brent

Comment

Immediate gratification...
                          www.acairport.com

Comment

On a shorter flight, I can deal without them & can take the 757-style IFE. On a longer flight, however, I've been spoiled by US Airways' PTV system & have been converted. I can live with the old projectors, but now prefer PTVs, just because there's more of a choice in what I can watch. I did get somewhat bored with the IFE going to LGW last winter though.

Now that I think about it, AMS-CVG this summer may be a long trip on a 767-300.
                            DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Re:

Just give me a window and you can throw the PTV out of it!

Happy Flying!

Comment

Working...
                              X