Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks a million! I just learned a ton more about making the right edits to a photo, never thought of the cropping size to take away uninteresting parts of the photo. I will give the photo you did a try, thanks a ton again!

Comment

• Hi,

Just a couple questions. Re-equalized this guy and I cannot see any dust spots (I often miss a few).

Also, I did not cut anything off here, so what should I do to fix this one in the future?

Thanks for the advice as always.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oliver P. View Post
        Hi,

Just a couple questions. Re-equalized this guy and I cannot see any dust spots (I often miss a few).

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8159/7...72a45f6e_o.jpg
        Looks like the culprit is behind the left stab tip.

Originally posted by Oliver P. View Post
        Also, I did not cut anything off here, so what should I do to fix this one in the future?

Thanks for the advice as always.
        Nothing to do with 'cut off' parts, it's to do with the ratio. Yours is 1024px × 671px and the minimum is 1024px × 683px.

Comment

• Got this one rejected for oversharpen today. I'm having a hard time to find where it's oversharpen. Can anyone please tell me so I can fix it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredda9000 View Post
            Got this one rejected for oversharpen today. I'm having a hard time to find where it's oversharpen. Can anyone please tell me so I can fix it.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3828785
            I'd appeal it.

Comment

• Got this one rejected for over processed with a screener remark of "halos". Now I can see what they mean by over processed and I'll have to do a complete redo of the photo but I've never seen the remark "halos" and can't seem to see what they are talking about with it here.

Comment

• 'Halos' is often used to say there is a halo visible, most around the aircraft, but sometimes also around other structures like a tree line.
                In this photo: above the top of the fuselage and around the vertical tail stab you can see a dark area. At the underside of the aircraft and around the wings a lighter area. Together this makes a sort of halo.

cheers, Pamela

Comment

• Hi guys, first post

Keep getting rejections for undersharpened (soft).

Can someone tell me where this one went wrong?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by AJ View Post
                    Looks like the culprit is behind the left stab tip.

Nothing to do with 'cut off' parts, it's to do with the ratio. Yours is 1024px × 671px and the minimum is 1024px × 683px.
                    Thanks for the scoop on both....with help from another set of eyes I found the stab tip problem moments later, and the cropping issue was definitely my bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo-G View Post
                      Hi guys, first post

Thanks
                      Hey Geo, welcome!
                      I'll let a screener give you the official word, but here is a quick re-edit of your upload. You can really see softness around windows, curves on fuselage and wingroots, titles and designs, anything with detail really. In this shot, it's most notable around the QantasLink and windows. The image might be considered blurry. Also, watch out for unlevel horizons

Hope this helps!

Hans
                      Last edited by hdgrubb; 2012-11-24, 02:29.

flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo-G View Post
                        Hi guys, first post

Thanks
                        To me it looks more blurry than soft. It can be seen pretty much over the entire a/c. Titles, windows, details arent as crisp as they should be. Without seeing the original it's a bit hard to determine if it can be brought up to DB standards.

Also may i suggest uploading at 1024 pixels wide instead of 1200. The smaller size will make attaining the proper sharpness easier, as flaws stick out less.
                        Sam Rudge
                        A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

• Hi this shot got rejected in appeal for missing c/n

I hav filled the c/n and its clearly visible in the c/n column of pic.....any idea y rejecteD???

thanks for ur time

Comment

• Originally posted by Atamvir Multani View Post
                            Hi this shot got rejected in appeal for missing c/n

I hav filled the c/n and its clearly visible in the c/n column of pic.....any idea y rejecteD???

thanks for ur time
                            Both the screener and the senior left you a note that you left a space after the CN. This corrupts the database.

Comment

• Is this really soft?

Hi there

Would love some help/advice on this one:

I have tried to pan to get right speed for nice prop action, but has been rejected as being soft. It really does look sharp enough to me, or is that just my failing eye sight??

Any help comments appreciated.

Cheers
                              Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by mtaylor334 View Post
                                Would love some help/advice on this one
                                It really is soft and can be easily fixed with some sharpening.

cheers, Pamela

Comment

Working...
                                X