Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About "Similar"

Hi,
    A long time I did not ask questions here ...
    Now I asking something that it's difficult for me to understand.
    This shot was rejected about "similar".
    In my opinion I not have any similar photo on the database, so I appealed for it.

Now It's rejected again, with comment:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your appeal for photo id 3825723 has been processed and has been rejected.
    Admin Comments >> http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6782005
    >> http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3825723
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

But, please note the big difference between two photos:
    The previous photo was taken during the landing, with his nose toward down, with the wheels down.

The new photo was taken after takeoff, with his nose toward up, with the wheels up.

So, why it's considered as "similar"?

Best regards,
    Erez.

PS
    It really does not help me and to other participants if there is no an answer after more than two and a half days.
    Last edited by Guest; 2012-05-12, 17:55. Reason: Added PS

Comment

• What categories did I get wrong on this one? I have fixed the other problems.

Comment

• ErezS, what more do you want me to say? Three people have looked at it and all three have decided its a photo of the same plane, with the same background at pretty much the same angle and is therefore similar.

Fredrik, a brief search of the database tells me that a/c is considered a special scheme.
        Sam Rudge
        A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

• Originally posted by Simpleboy View Post
          ErezS, what more do you want me to say? Three people have looked at it and all three have decided its a photo of the same plane, with the same background at pretty much the same angle and is therefore similar.

Fredrik, a brief search of the database tells me that a/c is considered a special scheme.
          I understood your answer, but unfortunately it's very difficult for me to agree with it.

And if I may, about your response to Fredrik, I think that you're wrong, because there are only 10 photos of this aircraft on the database with "special scheme" category, only 10 of 62 photos [right now] All in all, while 52 photos are no markings as the "special scheme".
          Just for your information.

Best regards,
          Erez.

PS
          By the way, may I ask, because you do not unidentified, who are you?

Comment

• With the fact ErezS pointed at, is the UR-WRG a special or not. Don't want another rejection for wrong category if I change it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErezS View Post
              I understood your answer, but unfortunately it's very difficult for me to agree with it.
              Well, thats your opinion and you're free too it. I did check your specific photo, it was viewed by two consective screeners who agreed it was similar, no screener voted to accept. Then after your appeal an admin also agreed it was similar.

In cases where there are some differences, its up to the screeners judgement on if the photos are different enough to warrant acceptance. If you feel like you're hard done by you can appeal. In your case the admin agreed with the screeners. I get its frustrating but at the end of the day, its a photo of a plane, not worth losing sleep over.

Originally posted by ErezS
              And if I may, about your response to Fredrik, I think that you're wrong, because there are only 10 photos of this aircraft on the database with "special scheme" category, only 10 of 62 photos [right now] All in all, while 52 photos are no markings as the "special scheme".
              Just for your information.

Best regards,
              Erez.
              Cheers for the heads up, one of the problems with having such a global site is screeners aren't always aware of what constitutes of a special scheme. I didn't screen the particular photo, but had it been of an airline i wasnt aware of i would have just searched for it in the db to see what came up. Ill pass it on to the database editors so we can get it cleared up.

Originally posted by ErezS
              PS
              By the way, may I ask, because you do not unidentified, who are you?
              I'm Sam Rudge, from Christchurch, NZ. Recently joined the screening team.
              Sam Rudge
              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

• Hi Sam,
                Nice to meet you, welcome to the team.
                About the "Similar" I have nothing to add now, about the category, it would be worth if it's clarify by the database editor.

Best regards & good luck in the new job...
                Erez.

Comment

• I don't understand this rejection at all, could somebody shed some light here? All info is correct, according to submissions of the same A/C in the database. Should I have selected as Military category instead of Civilian?

And this one, what category is missing??

Thanks
                  Last edited by hdgrubb; 2012-05-13, 18:59. Reason: add rejection link

flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by hdgrubb View Post
                    I don't understand this rejection at all, could somebody shed some light here? All info is correct, according to submissions of the same A/C in the database. Should I have selected as Military category instead of Civilian?

And this one, what category is missing??

Thanks
                    Seems that the screeners that handeled your shot thought that the Raptor is more prominent in the shot so that's why the bad info and genre. I would have accepted her since the P-51 is leading.

On the Blue Angels shot no category should be selected as far as I know.
                    Last edited by ErwinS; 2012-05-13, 20:08.
                    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                      Seems that the screeners that handeled your shot thought that the Raptor is more prominent in the shot so that's why the bad info and genre. I would have accepted here since the P-51 is leading.

On the Blue Angels shot no category should be selected as far as I know.
                      My exact thought on the P-51 Erwin. The Mustang IS leading and logic lead me to use its info. If I used the Raptor info, wouldn't it be rejected for this as a similar upload? Very frustrating. Could I appeal this?

The Blue Angels shot was selected as Military. I used the exact same categories as this accepted shot.

Thanks

flickr

Comment

• You could try an appeal yes, But I can't guarantee the seniors would accept her.
                        “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• The accepted Blue Angels shot should also have been rejected as you selected 'Warbird/Vintage'.

Comment

• Originally posted by hdgrubb View Post
                            Hey Geo, welcome!
                            I'll let a screener give you the official word, but here is a quick re-edit of your upload. You can really see softness around windows, curves on fuselage and wingroots, titles and designs, anything with detail really. In this shot, it's most notable around the QantasLink and windows. The image might be considered blurry. Also, watch out for unlevel horizons

Hope this helps!

Hans
                            Originally posted by Simpleboy View Post
                            To me it looks more blurry than soft. It can be seen pretty much over the entire a/c. Titles, windows, details arent as crisp as they should be. Without seeing the original it's a bit hard to determine if it can be brought up to DB standards.

Also may i suggest uploading at 1024 pixels wide instead of 1200. The smaller size will make attaining the proper sharpness easier, as flaws stick out less.
                            Thanks for the tips guys. I think i have trouble distinguishing sharpness from softness, and i always looked around the outside edges of the plane for sharpness and didn't even consider the windows and wording etc.

I've only been spotting for 4 months or so, i have a lot to improve on. But the undersharpened(soft) reject seems to be the only reason 90% of my photos get rejected. I have followed various work flows that i have found on here and other places but still have undersharpened photos.

Will keep trying though and see what works.

Comment

• Originally posted by AJ View Post
                              The accepted Blue Angels shot should also have been rejected as you selected 'Warbird/Vintage'.
                              Wow, so I was rather lucky. Didn't know Blue Angels weren't warbirds. It makes sense though.

Thanks AJ

flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                                You could try an appeal yes, But I can't guarantee the seniors would accept her.
                                The appeal worked
                                Thanks once again Erwin

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X