Reading messages from the Screeners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading messages from the Screeners

I have just been screening and I have added a few comments to the photographer, so I thought I would start a post here to see who reads them, and also if anyone actually notices them at all? I also add a fair amount of Aircraft Engineer lingo in some times and a bit of Aussie while I am at it, so if anyone has something that they are not sure about that I have written feel free to ask here.

Normally i see the messages and reply with a thank you. Don't know if the e-mail that i send will be received by you guys/girls.

Comment

Like the one reply telling us we can't screen? Yes, we recieved it.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Yeah that one , btw that one was a reply on appeal results. Not screening results !
        Last edited by Bjorn1979; 2012-04-12, 20:28.

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
          Like the one reply telling us we can't screen? Yes, we recieved it.
          Gerardo..remind me never to cross you ..do you have a data base of things uploaders have said..elephants and memories spring to mind

Comment

do you have a data base of things uploaders have said..elephants and memories spring to mind
            Yes I do . If you want to cross me, go ahead ... MUAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I've started now, if I have a particular point to make regarding say a constant habit of missing categories as an example, to email the photographer via the link on the screening page as well as leaving a screening comment (and also a warning note viewable only to other screeners). That way there is no reason for the information not to get through.

BUT...uploaders please note...don't get used to the idea that this will happen a lot. I'll only do it when I think it's needed as it takes a bit of time out of what should be screening time.

I would add though for the benefit of ALL uploaders, please read the screening emails even if they are acceptance emails as we sometimes, as Brenden says, leave a note.

Sometimes it's even a "Very nice shot, well done" so they are worth reading !!
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Hi,
                I definitely reading the comments, sometimes I even send a reply, I think that it's could be better if the screener will add his name.
                Best regards,
                Erez

Comment

I never noticed. I will have too keep my eye open. I think that is cool.

Comment

Like Jason, I have not noticed these comments. Are these comments left on the "screeners comments" email of a recently viewed submission?

flickr

Comment

You will find the messages in the mails with subject 'JetPhotos.Net Photo Submission Results xx/xx/xx'. Right to the thumbnail of your accepted or rejected photo's there is a text box. If a message is left, you will find it in the lower part of the text box.

Comment

Screener's Email

Thanks to BW for your message re contrast; I did try to email you back, but unfortunately the email was bounced back - so, just a quick note to say "thank you"; I appreciate your email - I certainly didn't ignore it and of course, I'll remember to watch the contrast in future.

Just for future reference, if we do need to contact a particular screener in future, what's the best way to do this?

Comment

I always read the screener's messages!!!

Sometimes just a friendly note, like 'great shot mate" or something like that. Sometimes an advise on how to edit some pics better.
                          Or a simple "added x- category for you". Thank you!
                          It's always good to read them.

I'll never anwer those messages, but always take advantage of it.

Once again, screeners; Thank you!

Freek

Comment

Originally posted by akerosid View Post
                            Just for future reference, if we do need to contact a particular screener in future, what's the best way to do this?
                            You can look up the photos of the screener (just select the photog's name form the homepage) and click on "contact xxx" Your mail will be screened and send on.

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                              Hi,
                              I definitely reading the comments, sometimes I even send a reply, I think that it's could be better if the screener will add his name.
                              Best regards,
                              Erez
                              You remember also that we asked you MANY times NOT to reply ? (due to you overusing the system)

that would be cool
                              Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X